Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Top View Camera Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaims
Per an earlier post of mine, those who have received permission to install the updated version may well be in an ad hoc Beta test scenario.

Here's hoping that those with the new update continue to not incur any (other?) issues traced to or caused by the update; and that as time progresses without any issues, Audi will soon get out a TSB with the firm update as an approved fix.
One issue that I have seen several times since this update, although I have also seen it several times prior to this update, but not as often, is that map view reverts back to non Google maps, and I have to select Google maps as the default.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

Interesting you mention this as I experienced that same quirk a few days ago. At first, I thought my subscription had expired. Never happened before.

Probably not a coincidence, but another one time quirk appeared at about the same time, referring to the regular back up camera view not appearing on my screen when I engaged the car in reverse. It came back after a few consecutive fails. Prolly can expect stuff like this since, you know, ‘Mercury is in retrograde. (JK)
Old 11-28-2018, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I had that happen a few times with 1178, but probably less than 5 times over the 6 months that I had the Audi Connect trial. It would usually take a couple of minutes for the GE overlay to come up, and sometimes I'd be down the road a ways and realize that it was still showing the standard map. I don't think it's unique to 1316, but it's possible that it made it worse. I no longer have a subscription, so I don't have any recent experience with it.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 309 Likes on 233 Posts

I have been reading this thread and all along I thought my issue was similar. But then when I checked my version I saw it was 1320. (I got my car in July).
My only issue is when I pull into a parking spot and the assist comes on in graphic mode. (I can't see the parking lines) I checked all my settings and they are all set to camera mode. The reason I want the camera mode is because I want to see the lines to make sure I am in between them and not over one.
When I push the button on the dash to turn off the park assist and then push it back on again, I get the camera mode (I see the lines) So am I to believe that mine is ok and this is not the same issue as being discussed here?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2018, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ribeye
I have been reading this thread and all along I thought my issue was similar. But then when I checked my version I saw it was 1320. (I got my car in July).
My only issue is when I pull into a parking spot and the assist comes on in graphic mode. (I can't see the parking lines) I checked all my settings and they are all set to camera mode. The reason I want the camera mode is because I want to see the lines to make sure I am in between them and not over one.
When I push the button on the dash to turn off the park assist and then push it back on again, I get the camera mode (I see the lines) So am I to believe that mine is ok and this is not the same issue as being discussed here?

Thanks
It's working as-designed, and yes, it's annoying. I also do the double-tap to get the camera view to come up while parking for the same reason as you.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman
It's working as-designed, and yes, it's annoying. I also do the double-tap to get the camera view to come up while parking for the same reason as you.
Does anyone else think the parking button should be able to assign it to the special button on the steering wheel?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jackhyde

Does anyone else think the parking button should be able to assign it to the special button on the steering wheel?
If it did what I want, and what I think makes sense, I would completely ignore the button and never need to touch it. I suspect that's what they did with the new MMI, but I can't remember seeing it in any of the video reviews.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jaims
Per an earlier post of mine, those who have received permission to install the updated version may well be in an ad hoc Beta test scenario.

Here's hoping that those with the new update continue to not incur any (other?) issues traced to or caused by the update; and that as time progresses without any issues, Audi will soon get out a TSB with the firm update as an approved fix.
Just this AM received a text from my Audi dealer service advisor that the TSB has been received by the dealer and is available to be installed to solve my Top View Camera problem. To me this means it is now VIN specific.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTX
Just this AM received a text from my Audi dealer service advisor that the TSB has been received by the dealer and is available to be installed to solve my Top View Camera problem. To me this means it is now VIN specific.
Do you have the TSB Number? I am getting new tires and an oil change at the dealer Wednesday and they know about the issue but do not know anything about the fix. I would love to ba able to tell them to look up and find TSB # xxx???xxx
Old 11-29-2018, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TomTX
Did you complain about it earlier, or was this unsolicited? If the former, it sounds like it was finally released (which is great) and you were notified because of your complaint. It’s always been ‘VIN-specific’ because only 1-2 software releases were affected.

Quick Reply: Top View Camera Issue