Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Update your Nav to 2018 maps

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
I just bought the Q5 in Technik trim, but don't see the Assistance & Security' option? Can't figure out how to find the 2018 maps via Audi Connect, any help would be appreciated!
^ In Canada a 4-year subscription to "Audi connect Assistance & Security" is provided at no extra charge as part of the Technik trim package. As a standalone option for lower trims the price of this feature is $520. When you picked up your new Q5 Technik your dealer should have discussed the feature with you. With your key fobs you should have received a tab with a special code on it. With your dealer's required assistance you will be able to set up/activate your Audi connect Assistance & Security through myAudi online. This was all carried out on my '18 Q5 last year during the first 2 weeks of vehicle ownership.
Once Audi connect Assistance & Security is activated on your account you will have online access to download map updates at myAudi / Audi connect services.

Last edited by rbreeze; 05-13-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boink
It's the same here in Portland (Oregon). The downtown core has all the 3-D buildings (including some nice images of bridges and a stadium), but the moment you leave that core, those buildings go away.
thanks for confirming, wish Audi would have more 3-D buildings not just for downtown core area
up here in Canada we don't get the fancy google earth overlay so our map does not look as pretty
Old 05-16-2018, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got around to setting up AudiConnect in the Q5 and did the map update. The download was frustrating because the Audi servers kept slowing down and timing out, so it took awhile but eventually got all the files on the SD card. I started the transfer this morning but it was only at 50% when I had to turn the car off. I came back an hour later thinking I would have to start over, but it said transfer was complete and my 2018 maps were up and going. I am surprised it did this, must have been using residual power somehow.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i registered mine in canada . it see the Q5

but i get this when i click on Audi Connect

Service not available
Please try again later.

how do i fix this?
Old 05-18-2018, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

^ Waninae39, you've posted the above in the MKII (80A) Q5/SQ5 forum. You have a 2016 MKI (8R) Q5.
You're posting your question in the wrong forum.

Edit-Other: Waninae39, I tried to respond to your PM (private message), however the system came back with the following message:
waninae39 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

For the information of Waninae39 and others in the same boat:
I am a first-time Audi owner and I have no idea if the 2018 nav map update files.. made available for the 2018+ Gen 2 Q5.. will work in your older/previous generation Audi models. You and others I have heard from via PM will need to contact your respective Audi dealer and ask them the question, because frankly I have no idea.
I am happy to share map update files with AudiWorld forum members, but I can not /will not make inquiries for people regarding the suitability of the latest Gen 2 Q5 map update files for the previous generation Q5 and other older generation Audi models.

/Richard

Last edited by rbreeze; 12-02-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 722 Likes on 501 Posts

64GB USB drive formatted in NTFS plugged into the USB 1 slot in the centre console worked fine.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Any luck

Originally Posted by Mazinger
Anyone here from Canada can download the map?

I cannot find the 2018 map from the Canada audiconnect.
i need to update my Q5 that only has SD slots no USB or air, need help please
Old 06-06-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirk Hunt

i need to update my Q5 that only has SD slots no USB or air, need help please
  • Go to audiusa.com & log in
  • Click Audi Connect Services below the big picture of your car
  • Click "Services" and click the right arrow on the set of boxes until Map Update shows up. Click it.
  • Follow the prompts to download the Java package and run it. It will download the maps and then ask you for the destination. Pick your SD card.
  • Insert the SD card in your car and follow the prompts to install an update (somewhere in the Settings screen).
Old 06-07-2018, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Question for google map

I just got new Audi s5. How can i update google map to my vehicle?I was download the package from Audi connect and update successfully to my car, but why i still did not have google map? Any other way to do that?
Old 06-07-2018, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark X
I just got new Audi s5. How can i update google map to my vehicle?I was download the package from Audi connect and update successfully to my car, but why i still did not have google map? Any other way to do that?
There is a separate forum for the S5. This is the Q5/SQ5 forum. That said, are you referring to activating the Google Earth display? You would need to go into your MMI settings, and change the Map View from Standard to Google Earth.

Quick Reply: Update your Nav to 2018 maps