Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Add third row seat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dkiser222
It was kind of a pain. I had to cut a slot for the center buckle, drill holes, and bolt it to a steel plate with nuts welded to it. I believe the plate I used was 3"x8" and 1/8" thick. I had to bend it a little to match up with the body/spare tire compartment there is a crossbar right behind it so it difficult to get the plate into place . If I were to do it again I'd drill bigger holes in the plate and mount the nuts inside of the holes for more clearance . I don't believe there is an easy correct way to mount the center belt latch.
Hi

Can you help me figure out the parts I will need to do this. I bought a q7 in the auction, it was described as 7pass. I had someone check it out for me. The car was in beyond phenomenal shape and my acquaintance didn't actually check it was 7 or 5. It was an audi financial auction and no reason to second guess this. Long story short it was a 5 and by the time I picked up the vehicle it was too late to complain about it but they gave me a bit of a discount.

I need 3rd row. I'll appreciate the help.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Any assistance to do this would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by dkiser222
Iam actually in the process of installing the 3rd row on my q7 right now. So far the hardest part was removing the tray that sits where the seats go. The seats bolted right in, the front two holes that go all the way through the body were covered with a piece of tape.i haven't got the seat belts in yet but but I did check and all of the mounting holes/nuts are there so they should just bolt right in. The only issues at the moment is the center buckle/ receiver. There are no holes in that location and I'm not sure of how/where that is supposed to mount . If anyone has a picture of how that is installed it would be very helpful , thanks
I know I am picking up a old thread and apologies if it has been covered off somewhere.
Just got an 07 Q7 ourselves and wanting to convert from 5 to 7 seats also.
Has anyone done this and able to advise what parts are required, how difficult and also any pictures of the process would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Old 01-10-2021, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had accidentally purchased a 5-passenger S-line tdi in Canada in immaculate condition, it was in nearly showroom condition. I didn't know that these came in 5 passenger configuration as I had never ever seen or heard of it in Canada. The receiver for the seat belt has to be rigged/ welding of a fabricated mount was required per my research. I returned the vehicle promptly, fortunately for me the owner of the dealership was eyeing the q7 himself due to the condition and I received a full refund with no hassles.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I just did the swap. Easy.

You will need all 3rd row parts. And the seatbelt plate which you can remove from a scrap car. I used a drill and a unibit to drill out the welds.

Every single hole is there except the bracket. See picture. All you need to do is rivet it in. No welding required.

Also, 2nd row seats are a must as the 5 seater ones don't slide.

Super easy swap.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Q7 4M . Not so easy ...

From couple of days I'm preparing to mount 3rd row of seats. EU version of Q7 4M, m.y. 2018. I have seats, plastics, mountings, seat belts with covers, switches (3) with plastics and others.... Primary decided to retrofit it without connection with can-bus. Tried to prepare system free of original electronic controller. Since I realized that switches are connected only by 3 wires with controller ( one channel for uo-down move, coded by resistance) - I changed my plans. There will be no arduino based controller and 8 relays. I'll use ori audi controller with no connection with car systems. That way switches will open and close seats (main seat motors with additional ori electrical ratchets), led lights of switches will be in correct colours, and there will be no need to change comfort module. And no need to coding the stuff. That's the plans. Maybe there's someone with experience in this subject? ...
Old 10-26-2021, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 708 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by mross
From couple of days I'm preparing to mount 3rd row of seats. EU version of Q7 4M, m.y. 2018. Maybe there's someone with experience in this subject? ...
This is the 4L (Mark I Q7) forum for Q7 through 2015 year models; you need to post only in the "Mark II Q7" forum for the 4M models 2016-current year, and good luck.