Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Connect - Live News Feed

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect - Live News Feed

Hi

I have a new 2015 Audi Q7 and I have set up and configured Audi Connect.

Looking at the Live News Feed option, as standard there are around 6 news feeds included within the system and these are various news feeds from AFP (Associated French Press). These work as expected in that if you go into a feed and select a headline, you can then read the article that relates to that headline.

The system, via MyAudi online or the phone app allows you to add in your own RSS feeds as well. When I do this however, although the feed itself is added to the car and displays as you would expect, I cannot drill down to the articles behind the heading.

For example, I have added the feed: BBC News - Home

As you will see if you look at this on the web, the feed shows a headline with one line taster of the article and you have to click the headline to drilldown to the article itself.

In my car you don't have this option. I can see the headline and the one line taster but that is it, I can't actually get to see the article behind it.

I have looked at a few different RSS news feeds on the web and they all seem to work this way.

Has anyone had any joy with adding in their own RSS feeds to be able to read the news articles behind the headline and am I doing something wrong?

Thanks