Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

H & R sport springs

Old 04-15-2019, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Before the drop, 275/45R20 tires

H&R sport springs installed 295/45R20 tires
Originally Posted by hawk 7 View Post
Did you have to go with stiffer struts and shocks? The reason I ask is I have read that going with the springs and not full coilovers will give you a bouncy ride.
Just installed H&R sport springs. I searched this forums and others with the same questions. My Indy mechanic suggested go with the springs only. When you consider the weight of the Q7 and wheelbase length, there should not be bouncy ride. I have the springs on the car for few days now and I'm satisfied. No bouncy at all. Just firmer ride. Still have to take on long freeway stretch, witch would be this weekend. I was also considering full coilovers, but for the price of full set I might pursue full air suspension in the future. Posting more pics of before and after the drop.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by hawk 7 View Post
Did you have to go with stiffer struts and shocks? The reason I ask is I have read that going with the springs and not full coilovers will give you a bouncy ride.
The factory used the same dampers regardless of what spring (standard, comfort, sport and certain years had a fourth option, not sure what it was exactly). So, depending on the spring rate of the H+R springs (and if they are linear or progressive), the factory dampers may be just fine.