Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

MMI menu items

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts
Default MMI menu items

Is there a specific coding in VCDS for the battery and oil level to appear in the MMI?
I have everything setup per instructions in the green screen menu but it is still not working, available.
Also, why do I need to turn the carmenuoperation to 5? What is the significance of this?
Is the tire guage option available in the Q? How would I apply this function to MMI?

Auto folding mirrors would be great, I cannot seem to get these working yet.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jbgilbank
Is there a specific coding in VCDS for the battery and oil level to appear in the MMI?
I have everything setup per instructions in the green screen menu but it is still not working, available.
Also, why do I need to turn the carmenuoperation to 5? What is the significance of this?
Is the tire guage option available in the Q? How would I apply this function to MMI?

Auto folding mirrors would be great, I cannot seem to get these working yet.
Nobody has figured it out either - you’re in good company. Please post if you do get a solution though.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

They won't work with out a wiring change. There is a company in Europe called Audi Retrofits, https://www.facebook.com/AudiRetrofits/ // Audi Retrofits

I emailed them to see if they would be willing to build a kit and send it to me for install and this is their response; (I haven't had the time to take them up on it yet):

"How good are you with wiring?
So when we are wiring it into the cars we can do it quiet well without disturbing other things and without using conversion plugs and adapters. I can make it relatively simple for you to connect into the door mirrors however you will still need to run a wire or 2 through the door grommets into the car and connect a couple of wires to fuses… I cannot think of how to simplify it any further without the cost going really high as I would then need to provide you with more wiring and ‘plug and play’ connectors."
Old 01-19-2018, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
They won't work with out a wiring change. There is a company in Europe called Audi Retrofits, https://www.facebook.com/AudiRetrofits/ // Audi Retrofits

I emailed them to see if they would be willing to build a kit and send it to me for install and this is their response; (I haven't had the time to take them up on it yet):

"How good are you with wiring?
So when we are wiring it into the cars we can do it quiet well without disturbing other things and without using conversion plugs and adapters. I can make it relatively simple for you to connect into the door mirrors however you will still need to run a wire or 2 through the door grommets into the car and connect a couple of wires to fuses… I cannot think of how to simplify it any further without the cost going really high as I would then need to provide you with more wiring and ‘plug and play’ connectors."
Well, that's weird, considering that the mirrors fold electronically with the mirror switch on the door.
I was just looking for more convenience, but wiring is not worth my time and effort.
Funny Audi would not make that part of the vehicle like other makers do!
Thanks!
Old 01-19-2018, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Yeah the older platform is shared between the Touareg, Q7, and the Cayenne... Neither of which have folding mirrors that fold on the lock/unlocking of the doors. Touaregs' and Cayennes' on the next version 2011+ gained that option. The weird part for me is that our MMI wordage, would lead you to believe it would work! But it doesn't.