Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Pirelli Scorpion Verde Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirelli Scorpion Verde Tires

I thought I would post a new thread on this tire. I had replaced the Goodyear LTS tires with these. My Goodyear tires in the rear needed replacement and became very noisy. The front tires were new when I bought the Q.

My observations thus far:

1. Appearance: IMO, the Goodyears had a nice look to them, they have beefy shoulders and very good rim protection and give the Q a nice rugged look. The Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires appear to have a lower profile, they do have rim protection, but not as much as the Goodyear. The tread is different, these tires look more all-season like and give the Q a more streamlined appearance. Overall I like them a lot.

2. Ride Quality: Hands down the Verdes are very quiet, especially on black top pavement. They are so quiet that you get to hear more of the interior rattles. I also notice other sounds I didn't hear before, like the transmission and engine.
There was a review I read on Tirerack, someone had stated if the the roads are concrete, the tires are noisy. I can understand this statement. On regular black top pavement, the tires are super quiet compared to the Goodyears. On the highway, the tires are good, however on concrete surfaces, there's a lot of road noise. Could just be the nature of the vehicle itself, however I tend to think the Goodyear tires had a quieter ride on the concrete. The type of driving we do is more around town like and more black top. Bumps and cracks in the road are easily absorbed by the Q and the tires. The way the Q tracks on the road is superb, no compromise in sportiness with these tires.

3. Performance and cornering: About the same as the Goodyears.

4. Wet: The Pirellis are better, grip is better

5. Cost: I think the Pirellis were a tad less expensive

Would I buy these again? Probably. Unless more research leads me to a different tire.

Would I go back to the Goodyear tires? Probably not, however, I still have the front tires I took off the Q. If I am close to getting rid of the Q and just need a quick set of tires, I'll double check on the price for just a pair of new Goodyears and place them on.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I also replaced with these

For those looking for more opinions on this tire, I replaced my Continentals on a 20" rim, S-Line 4.2, 2007, and they are a fair bit quieter. I am quite pleased with the Pirellis, and would buy again.

Tyler