Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

TDI Goodwill Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default TDI Goodwill Package

My package arrived today, March 4. However, the cards included in the package are good through January 2017; in other words, not the 1 yr promised on the website. Follows is the quote from the website:

When do the cards expire?

Both cards expire one year after the date of card issuance. Please note that the issuance date is when the card is sent, not the date when it is activated at a participating Audi dealership. For this reason, we encourage you to activate your Audi TDI Goodwill Package as soon as possible after receipt. For additional information please visit https://www.audiusa.com/diesel or call the Audi Customer Experience Center at 1-800-822-2834.
Go to a Service Adviser to activate the cards. They know what needs to be done.

Sales manager in the front showroom didn't have a clue; and told me that I needed to call to make an appointment for a vehicle inspection before I could activate the program.

Also interesting is that the package I received in the mail is for the A3 2.0 TDI. It did, however, appear to activate my 3.0 TDI Q7 properly. I guess I'll find out for sure when I try to buy something with the VISA card or the Audi Dealer card, and/or if I call for roadside assistance.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 03-04-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
My package arrived today, March 4. However, the cards included in the package are good through January 2017; in other words, not the 1 yr promised on the website. Follows is the quote from the website:

Go to a Service Adviser to activate the cards. They know what needs to be done.

Sales manager in the front showroom didn't have a clue; and told me that I needed to call to make an appointment for a vehicle inspection before I could activate the program.

Also interesting is that the package I received in the mail is for the A3 2.0 TDI. It did, however, appear to activate my 3.0 TDI Q7 properly. I guess I'll find out for sure when I try to buy something with the VISA card or the Audi Dealer card, and/or if I call for roadside assistance.
I received the same A3 2.0 TDI package yesterday. It does show the correct VIN for my Q7 TDI though. Very confusing and unprofessional IMHO. I will have it activated when I bring in the car for its next service.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i have not received the Q7 package yet.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine arrived yesterday in Georgia and now just waiting for it to be re-mailed to me in Canada.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
Mine arrived yesterday in Georgia and now just waiting for it to be re-mailed to me in Canada.
Will you be able to get it activated in Canada?
Old 03-05-2016, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm concerned how useful the warranty extension and roadside assistance will be if it all refers to the A3 TDI.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by OldS4Fart
I'm concerned how useful the warranty extension and roadside assistance will be if it all refers to the A3 TDI.
Is there a warranty extension? I thought only Porsche offered that on their Cayenne TDI.

I was assured by the Audicare Customer Service Rep that the Roadside Assistance is based on VIN; and my VIN shows as registered in the program.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 03-05-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

You are right. No extended warranty but 3 years of roadside assistance. Maybe the warranty extension comes with a financial settlement later.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by OldS4Fart
You are right. No extended warranty but 3 years of roadside assistance. Maybe the warranty extension comes with a financial settlement later.
Don't hold your breath.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not holding my breath. My sense is that the compensation for value deterioration and increased fuel consumption for our cars will pretty much go to pay the lawyers.

Quick Reply: TDI Goodwill Package