Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Tow hitch for Q7

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow hitch for Q7

I own a 2013 Q7 and I'm about to buy a tow hitch. My dilemma is this:
I'm currently in the US but I live in Nigeria and my Audi is an European model. The sales guy in Audi US isn't sure if the tow hitch they sell will work with my car because it says USA only.
Question : will the tow hitch work with my car even though it's for US models ?

I've also been researching online and I've come across a number of aftermarket hitches e.g curt should I just go for that instead because the price difference with the oem is about $700 although the OEM comes with the complete kit while the aftermarket option is basically the bar to be installed.

I need the hitch primarily to tow my jet- ski and its trailer back and forth only and may not necessarily need all the wiring and added features. I just need something that would work and not deface the aesthetics of the cars rear

Will appreciate good advice .

I
Old 09-20-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

The US hitch tow bar has the 2" receiver tube on the hitch cross member. The Euro hitch cross member has a completely different method of attaching the tow bar.

So, beyond that, you'll need the proper Euro trailer electrical receptacle and make sure the controller is coded for Euro lighting/trailers.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olatunde Etiko
I own a 2013 Q7 and I'm about to buy a tow hitch. My dilemma is this:
I'm currently in the US but I live in Nigeria and my Audi is an European model. The sales guy in Audi US isn't sure if the tow hitch they sell will work with my car because it says USA only.
Question : will the tow hitch work with my car even though it's for US models ?

I've also been researching online and I've come across a number of aftermarket hitches e.g curt should I just go for that instead because the price difference with the oem is about $700 although the OEM comes with the complete kit while the aftermarket option is basically the bar to be installed.

I need the hitch primarily to tow my jet- ski and its trailer back and forth only and may not necessarily need all the wiring and added features. I just need something that would work and not deface the aesthetics of the cars rear

Will appreciate good advice .

I

Call uhaul. They install hitches at decent prices and can flip your wiring for whatever you desire. Also they have adapters so you can avoid the extra labor. All their hitches come with lifetime warranty as well. Usually everything installed is between 300-400.