Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Any repeat Q7 buyers? We're not getting another one...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PARealtor
did you really expect the Q7 would drive like an S4? of course they are different!! a Q5 is smaller, smaller inside, outside, everything is smaller. So of course its going to be a different ride. I think for the size, weight and amenities my Q7 sline has more than enough power. Actually played with it the other day and was shocked at how quick it was for such a large vehicle.
I'm sure 3.0T engine in the new model will drive much better. Wish air suspension was offered in US but dont think it is. I would go for another, but it's not my daily driver. Wife just got bored with the car. We do need the room with a second child coming along. Q5 is easy to drive but just wish it was a little bigger.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Oops air suspension is available. I guess well consider it. But with new model soon makes it less appealing. Not cmong too soon though right? Q5 is having a refresh next year too.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Would you consider the new Touareg?? Audi quality, VW price...
Old 05-01-2011, 01:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by veedubmac
Would you consider the new Touareg?? Audi quality, VW price...
I would, wife who's primary driver wouldn't. She says why would she downgrade. I don't know if it's much bigger than q5 , never really cOnsidered it though.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

In my eyes, the new Touareg isn't much of a downgrade...If you have adaptive cruise and air-suspension, you might miss that on the new T-Reg, but on a whole it is a great vehicle. Awesome nav, with huge screen, voice control, dual-zone climate, LED DRLS, etc. Also, if you go for a top trim you can have the great Dynaudio sound and power steering column.

Tell her to go drive one...
Old 05-15-2011, 12:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by veedubmac
In my eyes, the new Touareg isn't much of a downgrade...If you have adaptive cruise and air-suspension, you might miss that on the new T-Reg, but on a whole it is a great vehicle. Awesome nav, with huge screen, voice control, dual-zone climate, LED DRLS, etc. Also, if you go for a top trim you can have the great Dynaudio sound and power steering column.

Tell her to go drive one...
Yeah, don't think it's a downgrade but she does just based on brand
Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joseaudi
I'm sure 3.0T engine in the new model will drive much better. Wish air suspension was offered in US but dont think it is. I would go for another, but it's not my daily driver. Wife just got bored with the car. We do need the room with a second child coming along. Q5 is easy to drive but just wish it was a little bigger.
FWIW, I am pretty much in the same situation as you from the standpoint that my wife is the primary driver of our 2011 Q7 S-Line(aside from family trips).

I can tell you that she is thoroughly impressed with the performance of the 3.0, as am I.

When it comes to the size, I was actually concerned with how my wife would adjust. We went from a B6 S4 to a sport coupe, to a larger sport sedan, and now because of the arrival of a pet human, the Q7. I can tell you that the parking system as well as the lane assist on the S-Line model took a lot of the concerns out of the question.

Our ride comparison is to some pretty stiff predecessors. With that being said, I am very impressed with the sporty yet immensely comfortable ride on the 20"s. I can't imagine the Q5 being any less forgiving.

I'm assuming in the end, your decision will probably come down to size. Either way, I don't think you can lose either way deciding between the 5 and 7
Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe you need to upgrade the wife?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by PARealtor
Maybe you need to upgrade the wife?
Lame joke. Really. Are you Rodney Dangerfield or something? She's a doc like me. We both worked hard in school to strive to get the finer things. We always want the best. She already has a bad taste from vw from her high school days anyway. I wouldn't get a vw over an audi for myself either so I guess I understand her reasoning.

Last edited by joseaudi; 05-15-2011 at 11:37 PM.