Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Bluetooth Call Quality

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Call Quality

Does anyone else suffer from bad call quality ? It's mainly someone not being able to hear me clearly.

I have a 2007 Q7 with the earlier non SAP based bluetooth with telematics, I'm running the very latest firmware and I'm using an Iphone 3G.

I'm not sure if I should raise this with my dealer or if it's my phone/reception or something else

Thanks

Si
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Si - I'm in an 07 with a 3G iPhone, and the sound quality is excellent.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the info,

I went to the dealers today to see what they thought and the tech agreed with me that what they can hear of me was very quiet. The tech tried the kit with his Sony Ericsson phone and the quality was perfect. There were no faults or updates available.

So I guess either I have a rubbish phone ;-(

My girlfriend has an Iphone 3G so we'll do some tests with that and I'll test the kit with an old Nokia and a Palm 750.

I'll report back

Si
Old 05-02-2009, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default check for latest code on iphone?

Might want to double check the firmware of your phone. Think you only mentioned you were on latest code for the Q7.

Originally Posted by BigladUK
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the info,

I went to the dealers today to see what they thought and the tech agreed with me that what they can hear of me was very quiet. The tech tried the kit with his Sony Ericsson phone and the quality was perfect. There were no faults or updates available.

So I guess either I have a rubbish phone ;-(

My girlfriend has an Iphone 3G so we'll do some tests with that and I'll test the kit with an old Nokia and a Palm 750.

I'll report back

Si
Old 05-02-2009, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also check the iPhone volume while on a bluetooth call, had issues with BMW Bluetooth the other day and volume on the iphone was too low. The Audi Bluetooth is much better than BMW, I have called international from the Q7, and everybody in the car have been able to talk without any problem, from the M6 is a completely different story.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zerophat
Might want to double check the firmware of your phone. Think you only mentioned you were on latest code for the Q7.
Currently running the latest version ( looking forward to 3.0 like most I guess ). My girlfriend called me on Friday in the Q7 using her 3g Iphone and that was also terrible. We both have very early iPhones and I've read on the apple support forums other people complaining about the Bluetooth Audio quality on carkits but after they have there handsets changed it's totally different so maybe we need to get newer iphones ?

RAD2
Totally echo your comments about BMW and Audi, my other car was an E60 ( 5 Series ) and that wouldn't even stay connected until one of the latest apple firmware updates. I'll have a look at the volume comment when I'm in the car next, are you simply suggesting that I volume up whilst in a call using the rocker switch on the side of the iPhone ?

Thanks guys

Si
Old 05-03-2009, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The other day I could not hear when connected to the BMW, tried to increase the BMW audio volume during a call without result, then increase the volume with the iPhone (3G OS 2.2.1, 07/2008) and worked. If you have the early iPhone, OS 3.0 may not be available for your phone when it comes out.
Have a nice Sunday
Old 05-03-2009, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is Wi-Fi disabled? See footnote #13:

http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/....0040.File.pdf
Old 05-03-2009, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

With the iPhone 3G, I have never turned off the Wi-Fi and heve not had any issues (in the US). Also try to adjust the volume in the MMI, go to radio, then sound, then volume, you have several volume adjustments.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Right I've just got back from 300miles round trip and I owe RAD2 a big drink next time I'm in Florida.

When I was in a call I tried voluming up on the rocker switch and Bingo...I saw a bluetooth volume scale that was set half way so I moved it right to the top and my mum ( how is very deaf ) could hear me perfectly whilst I was doing 100mph and speaking normally.

Cheers RAD2 :-)

Si
A very happy Audi owner

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Call Quality