Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Diesel fuel price: Really sad times we are going through?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to lighten up - my dad always told me to fill the car for EUR 25 (or 25 USD or 25 CAD). Issue solved....
Old 08-15-2023, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Would it make you feel better if I told you that you could be paying $7.01 a US gallon for unleaded in the UK. Admittedly the lowest quality grade of unleaded we have here is 95 RON which is the equivalent to your 90 / 91 PON grade.

Diesel is also still more expensive than unleaded in the UK in most places, by around 20 cents a US gallon.

Goes some way to why we drive more smaller capacity turbo charged vehicles here than larger V8 or even V6 models.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,068 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Mxeryus
Just to lighten up - my dad always told me to fill the car for EUR 25 (or 25 USD or 25 CAD). Issue solved....
Reminds me of Shaq arguing to just put $20 back in to fill when Kenny Smith said he wouldn't buy a certain car because it costs $80 to fill the tank. Shaq's math was hilarious. Not the smartest cookie in the jar.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...1_127_37280479
Old 08-15-2023, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 353 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by 400ixl
Would it make you feel better if I told you that you could be paying $7.01 a US gallon for unleaded in the UK. Admittedly the lowest quality grade of unleaded we have here is 95 RON which is the equivalent to your 90 / 91 PON grade.

Diesel is also still more expensive than unleaded in the UK in most places, by around 20 cents a US gallon.

Goes some way to why we drive more smaller capacity turbo charged vehicles here than larger V8 or even V6 models.
No, the unneeded suffering of others does not make me feel better about my situation. Like i said, some middle eastern countries basically give fuel away. There is no reason the prices elsewhere should be so insane.
Old 08-15-2023, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They can, because the ruling families are rich beyond imagination so they can basically give it away for free to the population and the oil is practically in their backyard, so it doesn't have to be shipped across the globe first before reaching the gas stations. That all adds cost. Crude oil itself is traded on the international commodity market, so the price is not under control of any single country, and no the US president doesn't control the prices, either. What's under each country's control are the taxes on the fuel. You can bitch about those, but at the end of the day somebody has to pay for the road infrastructure. No use to have cheap fuel and no roads to drive on. It's not like the roads in the USA aren't falling apart as it is. Europe with the higher fuel prices also has much nicer roads, except perhaps the UK, but have you ever driven in Germany on the Autobahn at north of 100 mph? Just saying.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-15-2023 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2023, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Understood, but a few years ago I was only paying about $2 for premium fuel on the Tahoe I used to own. I realize the President doesn't have control, but when it's only $2 for four years, then the new guy gets in and the price explodes, something is fishy...
The following users liked this post:
Built4Sin (08-18-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Correlation does not imply causation. There are many reasons fuel prices increase. A few years ago there was no war in the Ukraine and we didn't come off a pandemic. The world governments were warned that a pandemic will wreak economic havoc, but nobody prepared. Well here we are. OPEC has their fingers on the global oil supply and decides to reduce production whenever they feel like. People are travelling again in droves after practically nobody was driving or flying during 2-3 year of pandemic, now there's a sudden spike in demand. We could go on. The truth is there are many factors that influence fuel cost. Just because one guy goes out and another comes in and the fuel prices go up because of world events doesn't mean its the incoming guy's fault. The price of fuel rose around the world, not just North America. You really need to get out more.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-15-2023 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Correlation does not imply causation. There are many reasons fuel prices increase. A few years ago there was no war in the Ukraine and we didn't come off a pandemic. The world governments were warned that a pandemic will wreak economic havoc, but nobody prepared. Well here we are. OPEC has their fingers on the global oil supply and decides to reduce production whenever they feel like. People are travelling again in droves after practically nobody was driving or flying during 2-3 year of pandemic, now there's a sudden spike in demand. We could go on. The truth is there are many factors that influence fuel cost. Just because one guy goes out and another comes in and the fuel prices go up because of world events doesn't mean its the incoming guy's fault. The price of fuel rose around the world, not just North America. You really need to get out more.
ok, same story for same parties and I don't support either
Old 08-16-2023, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've got to stop this thread as I'm preparing to enter the hospital for treatment, which is a miracle in itself. You see a while ago I was running a couple small businesses (landscaping and ebay). They were pretty lucrative, so I also paid a lot of taxes. Then I started developing some hereditary health problems. I had to shut both down and tell my employees that I could no longer provide their livelihood.

I had to go on SSDI Medicare. Which is a total s h i t show. Regardless of who is in office, i am routinely denied treatment, simply because they dont want to pay and would rather i just suffer and or die.

Yesterday I went to the ER since I was vomiting blood. The ER doctor recommended extended inpatient treatment. Medicare approved an overnight stay. I was so sick yesterday after the hospital had to kick me out, i wrote a will. I sent a copy to my friend and aunt. I just wanted to make sure my dogs were taken care of and not thrown in a shelter or killed.

Well my friend saw this and called me. And like I said through a miracle and his grace, he decided that he would rather see his own resources dwindle than a friend suffer. So he told me he would pay cash for the inpatient treatment. Which is going to run several thousand dollars a day. He's also going to pay for my dogs care while in the hospital.

Had our great government just decided to treat me like an actual person and not a financial burden, none of this would have been necessary. But that's the great system of medical care in America. A system that is completely broken and will never be fixed. As it doesn't matter who is in office, the issue of denial of necessary treatment is never addressed.
Old 08-16-2023, 02:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by bg_2007Q7
I've got to stop this thread as I'm preparing to enter the hospital for treatment, which is a miracle in itself. You see a while ago I was running a couple small businesses (landscaping and ebay). They were pretty lucrative, so I also paid a lot of taxes. Then I started developing some hereditary health problems. I had to shut both down and tell my employees that I could no longer provide their livelihood.

I had to go on SSDI Medicare. Which is a total s h i t show. Regardless of who is in office, i am routinely denied treatment, simply because they dont want to pay and would rather i just suffer and or die.

Yesterday I went to the ER since I was vomiting blood. The ER doctor recommended extended inpatient treatment. Medicare approved an overnight stay. I was so sick yesterday after the hospital had to kick me out, i wrote a will. I sent a copy to my friend and aunt. I just wanted to make sure my dogs were taken care of and not thrown in a shelter or killed.

Well my friend saw this and called me. And like I said through a miracle and his grace, he decided that he would rather see his own resources dwindle than a friend suffer. So he told me he would pay cash for the inpatient treatment. Which is going to run several thousand dollars a day. He's also going to pay for my dogs care while in the hospital.

Had our great government just decided to treat me like an actual person and not a financial burden, none of this would have been necessary. But that's the great system of medical care in America. A system that is completely broken and will never be fixed. As it doesn't matter who is in office, the issue of denial of necessary treatment is never addressed.
In one fell swoop, that's sad to hear that you're in that predicament but also good to know that there are still good people in the world who would rather be out a few bucks than out a person. Wish you the best care in the world and get well soon.

Quick Reply: Diesel fuel price: Really sad times we are going through?