Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

disabling the locks on the rear doors

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default disabling the locks on the rear doors

is there a way to disable the lock buttons on the rear doors? the other day my 2 year old decided to kick the button with her foot and locked herself in the car. i had just stepped out of the car and it was running. because the child safety was activated, clicking the window switch did nothing. this was the first time we missed the wife's mercedes since it had tele-aid, which would unlock the doors by calling MB roadside assistance.
luckily we were near home and i had a friend bring me a spare key.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have an answer but had the same thing happen.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

3 or 4 previous discussions all came to same conclusion. Use advance search with Q7 filter key words "child" and "locked".
Any one tried this?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJ4-w8oZFxs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&f eature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJ4-w8oZFxs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&f eature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
PS it doesnt work!

Last edited by Jusforfun; 03-16-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

on the driveside door isn't there a button with a little person on it .. you should have two for each rear seats click that button and this allows the rear seats to control the windows. also within the MMI car setting .. you should have an option to disable the automatic locks?

if the car is running how does the car door automatically locks .. mine only locks when I put the car in drive and start moving forward ..

slightly cut off .. but the button that is closest to the edge and has an orange light .. child window safety feature ..
Old 03-16-2010, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Us too.

LOL.

My 2 year old did the same exact thing (with the car running too) but the window was cracked just enough to drop in the remote. We yelled at her to press the buttons and as soon as she hit the right one, we yanked the door open. She's two and half now and knows ALL the buttons. Funny this happens so much.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
3 or 4 previous discussions all came to same conclusion. Use advance search with Q7 filter key words "child" and "locked".
Any one tried this?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJ4-w8oZFxs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&f eature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xJ4-w8oZFxs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&f eature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
PS it doesnt work!
OH SNAP!! That is super siiick.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i do have the buttons with the "little people" on them. this will activate the child lock which prevents the rear doors and windows from working, however it does not prevent the doors from being locked by clicking the lock button on the rear door. this is where the problem is. a kid in the back can lock the doors, but wont be able to unlock them or open the windows. the child lock button should disable the lock feature for the rear doors. i played around with the MMI and read the owners manual and there doesn't seem to be a way around this.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was thinking about a cover or blank, then I realised

My 07 EU Q7 does NOT have this button there is just a blank in its place. Only front doors have it.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Huh??? why would the remote not work from outside?
Old 03-17-2010, 11:18 AM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 98a6quattro
i had just stepped out of the car and it was running.
Originally Posted by Jusforfun
Huh??? why would the remote not work from outside?
Perhaps the key was in the ignition??? Just a guess...

Quick Reply: disabling the locks on the rear doors