Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New to Audi, need pointers

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by yosie16
Do you mind sharing your ballpark cost for the car? $30k over/under... I have a similarly optioned 2013... just checking market. thanks
Looks like he got a great deal on a really well equipped Q7:
Old 04-16-2018, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 568 Likes on 450 Posts

and its a real color to boot, not something on the monochrome wheel.

the millage would scare most and is largely the reason for the price, but for a diesel Q7 you still got a good long life ahead, backed up by the #dieselgate warranty.

@OP, all the details on the #dieselgate modification and its warranty should be in this: https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/wp...NAL_ONLINE.pdf

Basically you should have a +48k mile warranty on engine/turbo/emissions/fuel system from whenever it was fixed.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ended up getting it for $27K out the door. I threw a fit about it having 2 minor reports on the carfax and convinced them it was going to hurt me if I want to resell it.

In the end I did good, I think. Got them to also cover $1650.00 worth of repairs from my Audi dealer once I got it here and four new tires (I had already read about the tire wear)

I do love the color. We weren't sure about it cause we have always had white, black, or silver. Once we saw it in person we both fell in love with it!

So, is the armrest squeek and back seat rattle a common thing? If so, what's the fix for them?
Old 04-16-2018, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 568 Likes on 450 Posts

shrug, Ive got a rear facing car seat that rattles like crazy with all its straps/adjustments.. If car is rattling I'm not noticing.

I saw a few reports of middle seats getting noisy after going in for a fuel pump recall that pulled the seats out, they just needed reinstalled as something was not tight/seated properly.. I think the recall was only for the Gassers but mebe for some reason or another your vehicle had service that required taking em out.. is it the middle row or the back row? The middle seats can recline and scoot forward/backwards.. might try changing em up just to see if that helps.. the hardest part is finding rattles, pretty much need to have someone else drive while you ride in the back and climb around trying to find it.

Try a tiny bit of lithium grease on the center console mechanics for the squeak
Old 04-17-2018, 03:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's the middle seat and I have narrowed it down to something under the passenger side middle row seat. On certain types of bumps it is very loud. I had my daughter climb in the back and shake the back of the seat while I looked and listened under the seat. Doing that made the same noise but was very quiet compared to when we hit a bump. This was done in a parking lot waiting on basketball practice to start because it was fresh in my mind from just driving it. I will try to look into it more some evening when I have some extra time and actually remember to do it! Most of the time she rides in the middle seat and when it was rattling quite a bit on a certain road I had her slide over to the passenger side and it went away. I think it must have something to do with the track or folding mechanism. Hope I can find it. That one bothers me more than the console!

I will try the lithium grease. Just taking a quick glance at the console lid it appears that the base in which the lid attaches to the console is the problem. I think it is the base, not where it's hinged that makes the noise. It doesn't look like its removable but i bet if i can get something soft under that base it would take away the squeek. That base rocks a little when the lid is open and you put some pressure on the lid back towards the rear seats.

Dread- You mentioned a possible transmission tune and keep my eyes peeled. Would this be from Audi? I think a transmission tune would really help the driveability of this vehicle. I am not sure but I think this is the same basic transmission that's in my RAM?? It's awesome in the RAM! I love how it drives
Old 01-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I thought I would revive this thread to give an update of our experience so far and to ask a few more questions. Our Audi has spent quite a bit of time at the dealer over the past 9 months. The first trip was right when we got it but shortly after that we got an engine code for the egr valve. When we got it back from that I noticed it smelled of antifreeze pretty strongly but just figured it was residual from the work done. I guess I was wrong about it being residual because our low coolant light appeared not too long after the repair. So, back to the dealer again and was told it was an "o"ring. The day I brought it home after the "o"ring fix it reeked of diesel fuel. I popped the cover off and the entire intake was cover in fuel. Called them the next day and they came to pick it up. This time I was told the fuel pressure sensor that was leaking. I ended up getting into it pretty bad with the service manager because kept telling me these issues didn't have anything to do with the previous repairs and I pretty much called him out for thinking I was an idiot. No way you go in one day for an egr, pick it up with antifreeze leaking, take it back for that and then pick it up dumping fuel all over the intake! I kept getting the line that everything is covered by warranty so they were taking care of it. I just wanted to know if my car is a piece of crap or if it was human oversight. I am ok with the human oversight, I get that mistakes happen, I am not ok with part after part failing like he was saying!

Anyway, enough about the dealer! I did my first oil change and when I dropped the cover it was covered in oil as well as the entire bottom side of the engine. I didn't really take a lot of time to inspect it but obviously have a pretty good leak going on. Any common problem areas to check first? One of these days I will look into it to see if I can tell where it's coming from.

Would it be possible that an oil leak could be covered by the warranty? I hate feeling like the dealer can make those calls, especially with the experience I've had at mine. I highly doubt they are going to be in a mindset to help me after our last go round. That's why I figured it would be best to ask here first.

Other than that we love the vehicle except I haven't figured out the source and solution the secong row passenger side seat rattle yet!
Old 01-11-2019, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Concerning the 'back seat area" rattle. On my 2015 TDI it ended up being the rear sun roof rattling and it started after I opened and closed it, but it did not rattle in the open position and thats how I determined where the noise was coming from. Took 'em two visit to get it resolved, but all seems ok now. Something about the brackets needing alignment and lubed.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase!

OR