Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

new injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Latest update Oct 29. they told me the other day all work done. Car runs great. They were going to send it home with a tech and I could get the car in the morning. yesterday they called and said CEL came on, a scan shows low fuel pressure. I had to drive 800 kms round trip for an insurance decal. they did not want to mail it since my car would be ready. in talking to them SA says Audi will probably say replace fuel lines. Tech says they have a CATA car in and are asking for ok from Audi to swap tank fuel pump to see if problem is solved. If so, they will remove the CATA pump from my car and I get a new in tank pump. waiting to see how that goes. not sure how replacing fuel lines would fix it. Says me, low fuel pressure means pump not building pressure, leaks or a faulty sensor. I am now over 6000 kms on the loaner. and for giggles, took out an X5 diesel. Has quite the snap off the line but acceleration from 30 mph sucks. was not impressed. Expected more.

Old 10-29-2021, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 731 Likes on 605 Posts

Lol, your Audi is going to be nearly brand-new when you finally get it back; certainly going to be 'good' for multiple years to come...it's a known quantity, so I'd drive that thing till it drops, and love every minute of it.

Swapping cars w/Audi next week to repair multi oil seal leaks on my '10 @ 111k miles; I'll be driving their loaner to son's casa, and taking his '15 Q7 in for a failed PCV...crazy loud, and check his all over for oil leaks too...get 'er done! Maybe his flywheel pully will finally separate too, if I'm lucky. I'll install OEM brakes on his and buy a 'lifetime alignment' once Audi get's done fixin' on it. We wouldn't have bought these cars w/o the TDI warranty, exactly because they are a 'known quantity'...you know what's going to fail as they age.

Last edited by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'; 10-29-2021 at 12:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Edzzed (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got a feeling we might be selling it. I really liked towing with it, Wife retired 6 years ago, Me last July. We really only need one vehicle now. She has a 2015 Caddy SRX full load with 70,000 kms. We'd trade both in and get something newer. I'd still like to stay with a diesel. Not sure yet on what vehicle though. It needs to be Q7 sized.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Dunno, that Q7 TDI's onboard auxiliary/parking heater sure is a pretty nifty feature for those cold, cold days ahead up there...hmmm? Of course, it is invisible to the average Q7 owner who fails to read the car's user manual; got to turn it on or set it for automatic mode in the MMI climate settings to reap the benefits. Had a cold snap here and car was blowing warm air almost immediately after start-up...lovely, lovely heat. Love those German engineers.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

We now have the car back. I put almost 7,000 KM's on the loaner. They put a lot of new parts into the car. new egr cooler, hoses, gaskets and a new HPFP. When he told me the car was ready, I asked what ended being the problem,. New fuel lines. So I get in the car and start it. 20 kms to empty is displaying. Get to the first station to fuel up. 1.67 Liter. NUTS. where i live it's much cheaper. Only put enough in to get out of the region. I stopped 67 km's down the road and top off my tank for 1.44 liter. I get in, Start the car and I am seeing a CEL. I just got the car out of the shop. I plug in my OBDeleven and scan a P310E Implausible signal to EGR. I email the file to Audi dealer and drive 5 minutes up the road. They call me and asked if I was coming back. I said no, I need to get home and it's 400 km's down the road. He says call us tomorrow, We think the connector might just need pushed on better. I says OK. I cleared the codes and it has not come back and it has been a few starts since then. I let them know I would wait to see if it reappeared.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Probably just an oversight on that 'bingo fuel' level, right? Audi dealers I've been to don't seem to be performing 'best-practice', basic Q/A checks before handing the car over after a warranty service, which I find extremely odd. I've found large, obvious parts missing (a fender liner), seat rail trim covers scattered all across the car (twice), 'bingo fuel', missing fasteners, etc., etc. I now do a complete under-hood and walk-around w/flashlight in the pick-up area, have my SA verify the DEF tank got topped off, check fuel level, and cycle the ignition a few times for good measure. Since my fuel episode, I take a picture of the dash display for mileage/fuel level when dropping off the car, for later reference.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm back as the saga continues.

Trouble codes:
P2020 - Intake Manifold Runner Pos. Sen./Switch Circuit Bank 2 Range/Performance
Intermittent
Priority: 2
Frequency counter: 1
Driving cycle: 255
Mileage: 172865 km
Date: 2021-11-23 12:15:50
P0299 - Turbo/Super Charger Underboost
static
Mileage: 172979 km
Date: 2021-11-23 15:56:21
P0299 - Turbo/Super Charger Underboost Upper limit exceeded
static
Mileage: 172979 km
Date: 2021-11-23 15:56:21

Had these codes pop up for a 2nd time. 1st time just cleared them to get home and out of turtle mode. This time I went into turtle mode just before the post office. Come back to the car, Started it and full power is on tap with no flashing glow plug light. Question for those in the know. My nearest Audi dealer is some 130 kms or 82 miles. Dealer I had in Langley BC said don't clear codes, Have it towed to Kelowna Audi. We moved up country. The state of our highways in BC Canada took a **** 2 weeks ago. Of 4 major routes to the coast. ALL ARE/ were GONE. 1 has reopened to limited traffic. No trucks. 2nd is narrow winding road and essential traffic only. 3 and 4 will be out for months. Check out you tube. Hwy 1 and Coquihalla floods, They are the worst of the highways. So if I have it towed, Does Audi cover that under the emissions warranty.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So, what's left to replace on your's, exactl, lol ? The error code 2020 is typically related to intake manifold's 'swirl flaps'. Linked general info on first link, then perhaps bit more useful from forum thread on 3.0 V6 TDI, albeit in a diff chassis.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...by-parker-hill

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-p2021.266912/

If the car's gonna go into limp mode, I'd get it to the nearest dealer, preferably with CEL glowing on the dash/active codes. If you look underhood at those actuator arms for the swirl flaps, as shown in the (2nd link) thread video, you may be able to tell quickly if that's the issue or not. As to whether you can use Audi towing, I was told that 'dieselgate' extended warranty also reinstated Audi's towing coverage by the Service Mgr where i take my TDI, but they gonna take car to nearest servicing dealer, not cross country, and you'd need to use the Audi towing hotline to initiate, not just hoping to get reimbursed after-the-fact for using another towing service/vendor.
The following users liked this post:
Edzzed (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I talked to Audi in langley where they did all the work. he told me if I had full power that Ii should drive to Kelowna some 82 miles away. going to talk to that dealer tomorrow for advice. sent the Obdeleven log to both dealers by email. said due to hwys kelowna is nearest and hwy is open

Last edited by Edzzed; 12-15-2021 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Went to Audi in Kelowna yesterday. They think a turbo hose might have a small hole in it. Says me, I got one set of codes for P0299 - Turbo/Super Charger Underboost
static
Mileage: 173699 km
Date: 2021-12-14 15:32:10
P0299 - Turbo/Super Charger Underboost Upper limit exceeded
static
Mileage: 173699 km
Date: 2021-12-14 15:32:10

That is a code that tripped yesterday. The first time it went into limp, I cleared the codes. Didn't take long to retrip the same codes. I left them stored in ECM. Yesterday, They cleared the codes. I got 60 miles away and went shopping. Came back out and codes tripped again. I think if I left it alone that no codes would trip. It appears they only trip once after clearing them. Audi is ordering new parts. Because of our highways being wiped out and parts coming from the coast, I just said get the parts and call me to make the appt. at that time. I did have a good laugh at their snowplow. makes me wonder why not just buy a quad.

Quick Reply: new injectors