Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q& and child seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q& and child seat

Just got a new Q7. Having trouble fitting a child seat b/c of headrest. Anyone else have same problem and/or suggestions. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Lot of discussion on that one; probably worth a search.

Some people remove the headrests.

Mine fit okay with the headrest in place. Seemed like it was mostly related to Britax seats? :shrug
Old 10-26-2007, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The headrest design on the Q7 is pretty stupid (clever, but stupid and overengineered)...but

they are removable, if you need to do so to get your car seat to fit properly.<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/tech/int62.shtml">https://www.audiworld.com/tech/int62.shtml</a</li></ul>
Old 10-27-2007, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Re: The headrest design on the Q7 is pretty stupid (clever, but stupid and overengineered)...but

Thanks. Will use search option!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Find it yet? Try this...

https://www.audiworld.com/tech/int62.shtml
Old 07-25-2010, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Ellwer
Just got a new Q7. Having trouble fitting a child seat b/c of headrest. Anyone else have same problem and/or suggestions. Thanks.
I am having trouble. Anyone know if the sunshine radian 65 5 point harness seat will fit?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bfrank100
I am having trouble. Anyone know if the sunshine radian 65 5 point harness seat will fit?
Best seats that fit are the Recaro. I have two recaros on the outer seats and a Radian in the center seat.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Tric
Best seats that fit are the Recaro. I have two recaros on the outer seats and a Radian in the center seat.
Thank you so much for your reply. Does the Radian not fit in the outer seats? Also, do you mind sharing which types of recaro seats you have? I have 3 kids and am looking for a seat for my small 5 year old (barely 40 lbs). I could move him up to the recaro vivo (assuming it fits in the audi) but would like to keep him in a 5-point for another 6 mos to a year and then pass it down to his younger sibling. I am mostly looking at narrow car seats, so that I can fit 3 across if necessary. Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Recaro Young Sport fits well in both the 2nd and 3rd rows. It takes me a couple minutes to move it from one position to another; no headrest removal necessary.

It's also good to 80 pounds / 59 inches. It's not the cheapest around, but it's the only seat you'll need to buy after the rear facing one, and what's +/- $100 on child seats. That's the least of your expenses with kids.

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=3324&L=2

I also have a convertible Recaro in the 2nd row of my S4 Avant. The headrest needs to come off in that car, but it's easy. I haven't tried it in the Q7 yet. We got that one because our first child outgrew the infant carrier (it was only rated for 20#) at about 8 to 10 months. The new ones are good for 30 some pounds.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I also have the Recaro young sports for the twins. They are just turning 4 and still have plenty of room left in them. The seats fit great, very easy to get them in and out of the Q, I like the fact that Audi exposes the "quick" seat latches, it makes it fast and easy. My infiniti is smaller and more of a challenge as they hide the latches in between the upper and lower seat. We have even had the 2 seats in the third row for a while, the kids really liked sitting in the way back with the mid seats folded down. The new Q has luxury rear seat and they are even easier to get the Recaros in and out of. I highly recommend these seats, we had a light accident and the kids never even new we were in an accident until all of the police ambulance etc arrived!

Quick Reply: Q& and child seat