Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 10"25 Android Display with Touch Panel

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kei78
I think he’s asking about the original buttons alongside the original screen on either side. The new larger screen seems to be in front of them making the access to them more difficult.

The one that 19jdog just posted has the screen with buttons relocated to the bottom of the screen. Which actually makes me wonder, if they relocated the buttons is there some type of filler plate to cover the holes left by the original buttons?

​​​That unit is designed for the Q5, so maybe that's the case in the Q5 where you will have less access to the buttons. I would worry about the connectors between the Q5 and Q7 being the same...

Other half bought an 15 TDI Q7 in Dec, and I have one of these ordered already (before I joined forum). I really liked the way the one with all the buttons on a row left of the touchscreen as its dash frame is a single piece, but it doesn't have the valet button (she wanted it kept) and she likes the receded one best (looks most oem imho). We ended up with a kirinavi system that cost $630 after taxes. will tell you how it goes once installed.

The goal is to see if the system can integrate with the current backup camera and an aftermarket birds eye system.

Joined the forum looking for a front plate of bracket.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found this one on AliExpress. I noticed that with most of these, the more expensive ones are 4GB vs the 2GB ones. Anyway, there are to things that I worry about. One is that it says "4G". Does that mean that it becomes "4G" because my radio is the 3G.

Next thing is I worry that the plastic that goes around the instruments. If the fit isn't perfect, I imagine that there would be rattles. Anyone have firsthand knowledge as to if the fit is OK and if there are rubbing or random noises coming from the plastic?
Old 02-04-2020, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Victor Ponce
I am no car expert. It took me about 2-3 hours while following the video. Also spent sometime doing updates and troubleshooting some things that weren't working correctly at first.
Hi Victor, looks like a clean install. I have the kirinav 64/4 version installed and going through bugs myself. I saw that you have multiple video inputs to chose from, can you have multiple input sources? The main reason for getting this for myself is to try to integrate a 360 view alongside the OEM reverse camera.

Thanks!
Old 02-29-2020, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Installed Head unit, then took it out

I like what the unit did, but there was a couple of things wrong.

the bad
-Touchscreen was doa
-Excess battery drain
-No access to factory set up (password protected)

Touchscreen is self explanitory, worked intermittently at first and less and less until not working after leaa than a week, hope its juat a bad unit.

Main issue is battery drain when off. Believe it is the unit, but need to check to see where and what draw is later with a current clamp. I read about head units not shutting off correctly from Common access network (CAN) bus sleep commands, as Audi only provides always on power and not BAT and Accessory (ignition) power. Another suspect, is the amp or another item is not shutting down correctly as the vagcom indicated that the the CAN gateway module threw a bunch of quiescent current errors as well as power Management errors. :/
Old 02-29-2020, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck

​​​That unit is designed for the Q5, so maybe that's the case in the Q5 where you will have less access to the buttons. I would worry about the connectors between the Q5 and Q7 being the same...

Other half bought an 15 TDI Q7 in Dec, and I have one of these ordered already (before I joined forum). I really liked the way the one with all the buttons on a row left of the touchscreen as its dash frame is a single piece, but it doesn't have the valet button (she wanted it kept) and she likes the receded one best (looks most oem imho). We ended up with a kirinavi system that cost $630 after taxes. will tell you how it goes once installed.

The goal is to see if the system can integrate with the current backup camera and an aftermarket birds eye system.

Joined the forum looking for a front plate of bracket.
As you’re local to me, I’d love to take a look at the install...
Old 03-01-2020, 12:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Other half made me take it out until I trace the battery drain issue. I am talking with the engineer from Kirinavi and waiting on a hall effect (clamp style) current reader to come in.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright I took the plunge and got a Topnavi 64gb Android headunit from Amazon.ca.

I'm not going to lie, there were some tears shed installing this thing. Although looking back it was quite easy. The buttons along the left side of the screen don't all work yet as they sent a split harness that only fits one of the two required from the previous buttons.
So far I love the look. Not crazy about the sound yet as I think it's a downgrade from the factory Bose. But I still have to play with the EQ settings.
You still have your original sound to fall back on though as you keep your AM/FM/Sirius and media. Just kinda weird switching back and forth.
Haven't been able to get voice for turn by turn navigation working yet. Like I said I'm still playing around with the settings. Trying to get access to the hidden menu from vendor.
If anyone has any questions fire away. I'll do my best to answer.
There are no instructions so it's all watching youtube videos to learn how to install and use.
The following 3 users liked this post by RobQ7TDI:
Built4Sin (03-08-2020), Erlan Ibrayev (12-24-2020), Tudigon (03-22-2020)
Old 03-22-2020, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobQ7TDI
Alright I took the plunge and got a Topnavi 64gb Android headunit from Amazon.ca.

I'm not going to lie, there were some tears shed installing this thing. Although looking back it was quite easy. The buttons along the left side of the screen don't all work yet as they sent a split harness that only fits one of the two required from the previous buttons.
So far I love the look. Not crazy about the sound yet as I think it's a downgrade from the factory Bose. But I still have to play with the EQ settings.
You still have your original sound to fall back on though as you keep your AM/FM/Sirius and media. Just kinda weird switching back and forth.
Haven't been able to get voice for turn by turn navigation working yet. Like I said I'm still playing around with the settings. Trying to get access to the hidden menu from vendor.
If anyone has any questions fire away. I'll do my best to answer.
There are no instructions so it's all watching youtube videos to learn how to install and use.
Were your connections to the climate control system and the mmi interface control module next to the glove box? I'm installing a different unit and can't get any power. Strangely, now I realize my MMI unit does not turn on.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No connection to MMI. It connects from new screen to back of DVD player and to climate control. My MMI had no lights or power at first either. Then I shut it down and walked away for a bit. Came back and powered it up and it was working. Probably just needed a reboot in my case. If you have any couplers left over that are not plugged in then you have missed something. Should be 2 large couplers (male and female) to DVD player, 2 to climate control, and then one to back of the new unit.

To add to my review above, I got the EQ settings to match original sound so it sounds great now. Vendor supplied correct harness so all my buttons light up and work (except no more valet button).
Old 03-22-2020, 11:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend in Taiwan just add the USB dongle for the Carplay function. He bought from China and paid less than $60 plus shipping. Then I saw this on Amazon and wonder if anyone has tried the dongle for CarPlay before.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Tudigon; 03-23-2020 at 03:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Q7 10"25 Android Display with Touch Panel