Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Pictures with Mud Flaps HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coupegt87
Hi did UR new TDI come with the "Full Paint Finish" ( which matches the lower body ) ??? or did u have to pay extra ? How is the MPG so far, I can't decide between 3.0 supercharged or the TDI ??? I don't know if the extra 4K is worth the extra mpg ...
Yes is has the full paint finish w/ the chrome trim. The MPG is just great - we just drove it on a trip (a little over a 1000 miles) and we got 29mpg and we less than 2 tanks of gas for the entire trip! I am very very impressed with the TDI - first Audi I have owned and first diesel - we love it! The low end torque is just incredible - I was afraid it would feel slow and sluggish off the line - no chance!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi did UR new TDI come with the "Full Paint Finish" ( which matches the lower body ) ??? or did u have to pay extra ? How is the MPG so far, I can't decide between 3.0 supercharged or the TDI ??? I don't know if the extra 4K is worth the extra mpg ...
Yes is has the full paint finish w/ the chrome trim. The MPG is just great - we just drove it on a trip (a little over a 1000 miles) and we got 29mpg and we used less than 2 tanks of gas for the entire trip! I am very very impressed with the TDI - first Audi I have owned and first diesel - we love it! The low end torque is just incredible - I was afraid it would feel slow and sluggish off the line - no chance!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes, it came with the full paint match and chrome trim. So far have loved the car - our first Audi and our first diesel. Just completed a trip a little over a 1000 miles and did it on less than 2 tanks of gas and got 29mpg.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Thanks for the photos. Do the rear mud flaps fit tightly to the body panel? (I can't really tell from the photos.)

I have a friend with a 2008 S-line who had to have the dealer put black caulk betweent the mud flap and the body because the S-line body panel is different than the non S-line which created a gap.

And... there is no option on the 2011 Q7 order guide for the port-installed mud flaps (Splash Guards) as there is for some other models. Makes me wonder why not.
remember there are 2 styles of mud guards.

S-line ones are model specific and the part number starts with ZGB which denotes the S-line versions.

if there was a gap, it may be because they were not s-line specific.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

was looking to get some for our Q7 TDI but now looking at your pix, not a fan. I actually think they are too straight or rigid looking and do not really fit with the curve of the fender trim.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hasser
remember there are 2 styles of mud guards.

S-line ones are model specific and the part number starts with ZGB which denotes the S-line versions.

if there was a gap, it may be because they were not s-line specific.

With that being said, does anyone know the part # for the 2012 Q7 Sline?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Black_Phantom
With that being said, does anyone know the part # for the 2012 Q7 Sline?
Ditto.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Got mine installed...

... a year ago. they looked only at first like they did not belong there. After a while you just stop seeing them and the whole suv looks ok again.

My Q was in Miami at first and now it's in Calgary - you cannot live without mud flaps here... And so far I never touched ground with them or anything like that.