Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DEEZ11
So who wants to be the guinea pig for those of us with tunes? I'm hoping I can take the car to my tuner, have them wipe the tune, take it to the dealership and have them do whatever they need to the software to make it compliant- then take it directly back to my tuner and have them re-write over it.
It could take a bit to get a tune as the companies will probably need a test mule with the Modification to ensure they don’t break anything.

Grey
Old 11-06-2017, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
I thought batteries were a wear item like tires and brakes, hrmm.. guess I shoulda gone in a few weeks ago when it started warning me on the MFD.

Last time I had a 4yro battery under warranty all it got me was a $20 credit on a replacement heh.
According to Courtney S. from AoA chat the battery is covered for full replacement value under the new vehicle limited warranty, and therefore also covered under the bridge warranty. Get that sucker to the dealer.

Grey
Old 11-06-2017, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 567 Likes on 449 Posts

I'll go in tomorrow and see what I can get, damn I guess I shoulda assumed better warranty coverage on a Luxury brand... I know for a fact that the battery was not covered on my wife's CPO'd Volkswagen and my old Volkswagen was well past its 3yr/36k warranty when its battery went flat (but I gave em the flat battery back)

I talked to Malone, he didn't expect to have any problem with the hardware tweaks if you leave em intact using the old tune.. I'm 99% certain its just a larger SCR Catalyst to handle the extra 40% AdBlue, and perhaps another exhaust sensor.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Greystoke
Try and get them to cover a battery under the Bridge Warranty. If you get push back then tell them €œAre you ready to do my Modification instead then? €ť They can €™t have it both ways.

Grey
Just had mine covered under the bridge! "Customer states the car is sluggish to start, dead cell found."
Part # 000-915-105-dl-dsp

Also had the A/C recharged
Both side mirror(s) glass replaced (heater burned out in both)

Last edited by Built4Sin; 11-06-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

pardon my ignorance, but did the Gen 1 vehicles get any bridge warranty ?
Old 11-07-2017, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
pardon my ignorance, but did the Gen 1 vehicles get any bridge warranty ?
The Gen 1 Bridge Warranty is the buyback...take it to the dealer and they give you a brand new vehicle.

Grey

Last edited by Greystoke; 11-07-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Greystoke
The Gen 1 Bridge Warranty is the buyback...take it to the dealer and they give you a brand new vehicle.

Grey
Thats in the works lol. Hoping to get into a 2018 Q7.

On a side note, so much for season of audi savings. There are zero incentives beyond loyalty for the Q7.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The Court Settlements forbid Audi Dealers from offering any special incentives to TDI owners specifically; as a result dont expect any incentives that are not available to everyone else
Old 11-07-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
The Court Settlements forbid Audi Dealers from offering any special incentives to TDI owners specifically; as a result dont expect any incentives that are not available to everyone else
You can still bargain with the dealer and take any generally offered incentives available at time of sale.

Are you looking to order or take one off the lot?

Grey
Old 11-07-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

oh yeah you can still bargain with em all you want, just alot of people have gone in with their TDI hoping to get some special good deal to keep em loyal to audi.. only to be pissed off and even less loyal to audi when told there was no special deal for TDI owners to trade up to something else.. just the standard loyalty program every Audi owner could take advantage of.. @jetsfan101 seems less infuriated with it than others actually.

When VW Bought back my Golf TDI in Boulder, I expected the sales department to jump on me when I walked out of the #dieselgate office with a large sum of cash to burn.. but too my surprise I walked out the door, gave my golf one last hug and then drove off into the sunset without a peep from sales.. I was pleased since I was picking up the Q7 a few days later. I think many people were hoping to use that opportunity to put the screws to a sales drone and get the best deal they could manage since they had a bunch of money and a reason to be sceptical on buying another VW/Audi.. then they felt ignored/neglected when nobody cared and took that as a sign VW/Audi was not willing to even try to keep pissed off TDI owners.. Some guy was just throwing a hissy fit because VW would not cut him a nice deal on an Atlas in exchange for his TDI, the most popular model thats selling as fast as they come in.. but he wanted special treatment because of #dieselgate, wtf ever.

Some kinda incentive woulda been nice I do admit, but I feel we got adequately compensated for the trouble we have to deal with.. so meh.

Last edited by dreadlocks; 11-07-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...