Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Vinyl Wraped interior trim W/ Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you can only change mileage on clusters with less than 60mi or / 100km on it. so your option is to buy new or find one that has nearly the exact same mileage that the ECU reads on your vehicle.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
you can only change mileage on clusters with less than 60mi or / 100km on it. so your option is to buy new or find one that has nearly the exact same mileage that the ECU reads on your vehicle.
Good info to know, probably would be better off just to leave it, I'd rather invest in having my lower panels painted to match my ice silver metallic paint. I think that would make the car really pop.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Expert

that is a better way to waste money on this vehicle (IMO). if you want a set of 21" oem titantium wheels... i have them. nine miles on them. barely used.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, great job. Wish I had your patience and skill.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
that is a better way to waste money on this vehicle (IMO). if you want a set of 21" oem titantium wheels... i have them. nine miles on them. barely used.
I was going to get a pair of 21" or 22" rims and tires for next summer but I decided against it for now, I'm just going to get a good set of summer 20" tires, probably continental or Pirelli. Living way up north I think New York state kinda forgets about my area. Deep potholes on all of the highways around here. There's one road where you're better off driving in the other lane if there's no one coming, haha! These roads would probably destroy a pair of nice rims. It's probably the same ordeal down around your area, New York is notorious for waiting to the last minute to fix their roadways..
Old 12-30-2015, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Expert

last minute then turns into winter again so they don't bother.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by D3Audi
I was going to get a pair of 21" or 22" rims and tires for next summer but I decided against it for now, I'm just going to get a good set of summer 20" tires, probably continental or Pirelli. Living way up north I think New York state kinda forgets about my area. Deep potholes on all of the highways around here. There's one road where you're better off driving in the other lane if there's no one coming, haha! These roads would probably destroy a pair of nice rims. It's probably the same ordeal down around your area, New York is notorious for waiting to the last minute to fix their roadways..
I would worry about potholes if you went with non-oem wheels like replicas, but the OEM 21s should hold up well on new york roads, just run good tire pressure
Old 12-30-2015, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
I would worry about potholes if you went with non-oem wheels like replicas, but the OEM 21s should hold up well on new york roads, just run good tire pressure
I agree, replicas are junk and would probably crack. I have nothing against the 21" OEM Audi rims, I would absolutely love them on my Q7.. it's just they are too nice and too expensive to risk getting damaged on these roads. with the minimal sidewall on the 21"rims they would be curbed and destroyed in a weeks time. My stock 20" rims are in pretty bad shape actually. You can never win with low profile tires..
Old 12-30-2015, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by D3Audi
I agree, replicas are junk and would probably crack. I have nothing against the 21" OEM Audi rims, I would absolutely love them on my Q7.. it's just they are too nice and too expensive to risk getting damaged on these roads. with the minimal sidewall on the 21"rims they would be curbed and destroyed in a weeks time. My stock 20" rims are in pretty bad shape actually. You can never win with low profile tires..
You win aesthetically though!!
Old 01-12-2016, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job. Whered you get the vinyl wrap from?

Quick Reply: Vinyl Wraped interior trim W/ Pictures