Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 3.OT Premium vs Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2017 Q7 3.OT Premium vs Premium Plus

I am considering a used 2017 Q7 and would like some feedback on whether the Premium Plus Package is worth the extra $4000 purchase? I like Navigation but don't really need it today w/ the smart phone Navigation. Any thoughts?
Old 03-17-2018, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Can you list all the differences for us, because its not just NAV? It think keyless entry and a few other features are included as well, so the $ difference may well be worth it.

I agree with the use of NAV as I never use mine, but I think theres a lot more to it.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Premium:
18" 5-arm-design wheels with 255/60 all-season tires Heated exterior mirrors, power-folding with memory
3-spoke multifunction steering wheel w/ shift paddles, Q-design Inlays - Upper: Silver finish / Lower: Terra Brown Walnut wood
3-zone climate control Keyless engine stop/start
Alarm system with immobilizer Leather seating surfaces
Audi advanced key (keyless entry) w/ handsfree tailgate open/close MMI Radio with Audi sound system
Audi drive select, ESC with offroad mode, Hill descent control Panoramic sunroof (2-panel) with electric sunshade
Audi parking system w / rearview camera (incl. F&R sensors) Power-folding 3rd row (includes LATCH for all 2nd & 3rd row seats)
Audi pre sense basic Power tailgate
Audi pre sense city w/ pedestrian detection Preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth)
Audi xenon plus headlights w/ LED DRLs & taillights Rain/Light sensor
Auto-dimming interior mirror w/ compass Seven passenger seating
Energy recuperation system with start-stop Stainless steel trunk sill
Full paint finish with Alu-optic exterior and roof rails Toolkit and tire mobility (without spare tire)
Garage door opener (HomeLink®) Trailer hitch preparation (includes brake controller wiring)
Heated, 8-way power front seats with driver memory and lumbar USB Audi music interface, AM/FM/SAT/HD
19" 5-V-spoke design wheels with 255/55 all-season tires Inlays - Upper: High gloss black / Lower: Terra Brown Walnut wood

Premium Plus is the above plus
3D BOSE Surround Sound System Auto-dimming, heated & power-folding with memory exterior mirrors
Audi MMI Navigation plus package Electric tilt/telescoping steering column with memory
Audi side assist w/ pre sense rear LED interior lighting package

You'll struggle to find a wide array of Premiums. Most that are sold are Premium Plus
Old 03-17-2018, 08:32 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Can you list all the differences for us, because its not just NAV? It think keyless entry and a few other features are included as well, so the $ difference may well be worth it.

I agree with the use of NAV as I never use mine, but I think theres a lot more to it.
Side Assist w/ Pre Sense Rear - This is a really nice safety item
Electric Tilt/Telescoping steering column - with two drivers (one 6'2" and one 5'2") this is nice since it also has memory with the electric seat memory
LED Interior lighting - a nice gimic
3d Bose Surround Sound - I have heard a ton of complaints about the bad audio in the Premium.
MMI which gives not only navigation, but also the smartphone interface (apple Carplay & Android Auto)

BUT ALSO... if you want ANY of the following features as an add-on, you have to get the Premium + because these features are NOT available in the Premium:
* Vision Package: Top View Camera (really like this feature), Virtual Cockpit, Full LED Headlights
* Warm Weather Pack: 4 zone climate control, Sunshades for rear windows, Ventilated front seats
Old 03-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

OH.. also, Premium comes standard with 19" wheels (which you can upgrade to 20"),
Premium Plus comes standard with 20" wheels.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I don't really need all that technology for the $4000 premium.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by zinnia
Then your question has been answered!
Old 03-17-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by timshuwy
OH.. also, Premium comes standard with 19" wheels (which you can upgrade to 20"),
Premium Plus comes standard with 20" wheels.
No, 19" is standard on Premium Plus too. Also for 2017, Bose was an option, not standard.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by zinnia
other thing to possibly consider is future value with that equipment, vs. without. Comes down to how long you'll keep the car, how you use it, etc.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you plan on using your phone for navigation, the center-dash-area is very odd, at least for me, when it comes to putting a phone stand/holder there. I never was serious about it since our car has Android Auto, but if the Premium version doesn't have Apple/Android integration, you may want to put your mount in the car before buying it to see if it fits and doesn't get in the way.

If Premium still includes Android Auto, then there's no worries. That is the only navigation that I use and plugging it in to the car and stowing it away is extremely easy and convenient.

I bring this up because $4K doesn't sound like it's worth it, based on what you said, but if you plan on using your phone for nav AND do not have Android/Apple Auto/Car, then make sure the interior is suitable for your stand or mount. Unless you use a windshield mount, which should be fine, but might become obscured when the MMI screen comes up.

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 3.OT Premium vs Premium Plus