AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/2017-q7-brake-issues-no-fix-sight-2934072/)

BOBSQ5 10-29-2019 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by mi_sat (Post 25381107)
After two years of pushback by the dealership against applying the TSB to my Q7, yesterday they finally applied it and the brakes no longer squeak. (There's a new service manager who is great.) I first noted the squeaking 30 days after taking ownership of the vehicle. It's now three years later.

Separately, I had my windshield replaced due to a crack from a rock. The manufacturer spec also requires a wheel alignment prior to calibrating the various vehicle safety systems.

It feels like a new vehicle.

Pleased for the time being.

Lucky you. Mine said it is not required, and still charged 2700$ for the windshield. Tried to push to get one, but they did not budge.
Dissatisfying experience. One of the snap-in rubber stripes was broken and sticking out, had to go back. 2700$ don't get you much around here.

mi_sat 10-29-2019 12:07 PM

My windshield repair was $2,500 and included the alignment for $160 plus some other vehicle safety system parts (camera mount or something like that).

I've been thinking for some time to ditch the Q7 because I've been so dissatisfied with the squeaky brakes. But now maybe I can eek out another year or two until there's something I really want to buy. (Been wanting to test drive GLE450, but no GLE's in stock anywhere to be found. But that's a subject of another thread.)

BOBSQ5 10-29-2019 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by mi_sat (Post 25381192)
My windshield repair was $2,500 and included the alignment for $160 plus some other vehicle safety system parts (camera mount or something like that).

I've been thinking for some time to ditch the Q7 because I've been so dissatisfied with the squeaky brakes. But now maybe I can eek out another year or two until there's something I really want to buy. (Been wanting to test drive GLE450, but no GLE's in stock anywhere to be found. But that's a subject of another thread.)

Yeah, i so hear 'ya, these brakes and windshield drove me nuts(rather how they handled it).
Here service is bad and they're arrogant, because too much money. Had (and gonna) have car serrvised at some othe small town dealership, where i was very happy.

At some point the service advisor was fighting not to have the alignment done, even though i convinced the insurance to pay for it.

To the point of thinking to leave the brand(great sales/car vs bad service).
Plus next Q7 has the turbo engine, which i disliked so far in theSQ5 loaners i had.

Honestly the new Highlander looks just fine, for half everything, including the hassle.

Cheers,
Bob

mi_sat 10-29-2019 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by BOBSQ5 (Post 25381215)

Honestly the new Highlander looks just fine, for half everything, including the hassle.

It's certainly not lost on me that I could trade in my 3-year old Q7 and maybe put a little money with it and get a new Highlander or similar vehicle. Plus, my insurance would drop in half.

If the Palisade or Telluride had a stronger engine, I'd seriously consider those.

espaceman 10-29-2019 07:11 PM

I had the TSB applied last year and it fixed the brake squeak issue. I'm now at roughly 12 months 6k miles later, and the same squeak is back (mostly in reverse). Has anyone had the TSB applied twice?

BOBSQ5 10-29-2019 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by mi_sat (Post 25381217)
It's certainly not lost on me that I could trade in my 3-year old Q7 and maybe put a little money with it and get a new Highlander

If the Palisade or Telluride had a stronger engine, I'd seriously consider those.

Funny how Audi makes us talk about Toyotas here..
The 2 Korean SUVs have pretty amazing reviews on Motortrend.com, apparently they're catching up in all segments. I think one of them poached some Audi guy, and you can see the resemblance, especially in the front(grill,lights).

The new Highlander looks better than the Rx450hl, IMHO, as a 3 rower.
Had a gen2 and was an awesome vehicle.

Cheers,
Bob

titoj19 10-30-2019 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by espaceman (Post 25381347)
I had the TSB applied last year and it fixed the brake squeak issue. I'm now at roughly 12 months 6k miles later, and the same squeak is back (mostly in reverse). Has anyone had the TSB applied twice?

They claim that they re-tightened the new clips on my brakes, but it did nothing. Latest claim is that you need a periodic panic stop to reseat the brakes and stop squeaking at low speed when cold. I love the car but I’m embarrassed to back out of my driveway every morning.

mhoran89 10-30-2019 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by espaceman (Post 25381347)

My car according to ELSA records has had front brakes done around 20K mark (prior owner) and now just did them for TSB again just before 50K. So I would imagine this is not uncommon, especially if earlier MKII owners complained and they did pads but did not have the new ones with two sets of clips out yet...

BOBSQ5 10-30-2019 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by titoj19 (Post 25381398)
They claim that they re-tightened the new clips on my brakes, but it did nothing. Latest claim is that you need a periodic panic stop to reseat the brakes and stop squeaking at low speed when cold. I love the car but I’m embarrassed to back out of my driveway every morning.

Been thru all of these. Some TSB says that DO NOT accelerate and brake hard(though that's exactly how they said they fixed them first time).
Just ordered to replace rears, which are still squeaky.

Embarrassing for Audi to let this happen.

Cheers,
Bob

BOBSQ5 10-30-2019 08:31 PM

If the Palisade or Telluride had a stronger engine, I'd seriously consider those.[/QUOTE]

But wait, there's a Lincoln with 400hp, air suspension and awesomest Revel stereo, for Q7$.