Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 Purchasing Analysis

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Prestige with the Luxury package and I really love it. It was pretty expensive but I was determined to get the most comfortable seats with the massage features because my main goal for the car was to take long road trips. The massage feature is great with five different programs to work on different parts of your back. Really helps keep from getting stiff on long trips but I use the massage almost every time I get in the car just because it feels good. I like the Cedar Brown leather that is only available on a Pretige with Luxury package. The other mandatory option for me was the Driver Assistance Package and I also love that. My Prestige is Glacier White. I thought from online photos that it might look a little bit silver but in person I think it is just a nice pure white. I didn't order mine, just took delivery on a vehicle already in the pipeline to the dealer that met my specs. Not a lot to choose from where I live in MO so I felt lucky to get the car I got. Totally happy with it.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abg3398
I have a Prestige with the Luxury package and I really love it. Not a lot to choose from where I live in MO so I felt lucky to get the car I got. Totally happy with it.
Thanks ABG. Any discounts from MSRP?
Old 09-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
Thanks ABG. Any discounts from MSRP?
Very minimal discount, only about 1%. The bigger discount was the $3000 Audi wrote down for the Takata airbag recall on my 2010 Q5 trade in. As far as the trade in value I got the mid point of black book value for my Q5 so I was OK with that and then the $3k for the airbag issue was on top of that. I had already researched through USAA Car buying service and saw that there would not likely be much discount on a Prestige. Now I will admit that I don't put a lot of energy into negotiations and the Prestige with the options I wanted were next to impossible to get unless I wanted to go to Chicago 6 hours away. If I hadn't taken the one they had inbound at my dealer in St. Louis I still wouldn't have a car that met my specs. But if you live in a more populated area with more large Audi dealers you may have more luck negotiating. As far as I'm concerned I got the car I wanted at a price that seemed fair to me under the circumstances and I have no regrets.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abg3398
I had already researched through USAA Car buying service and saw that there would not likely be much discount on a Prestige. As far as I'm concerned I got the car I wanted at a price that seemed fair to me under the circumstances and I have no regrets.
Well said. Good for you. I didn't know that USAA offered anything on the Audi Q7.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Well said. Good for you. I didn't know that USAA offered anything on the Audi Q7.
Where are you located? Audi pricing tends to vary based on general location (number of dealers in the area) and this way any local members can tell you what they got in your area.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

USAA Car buying service did not have any agreements with an Audi dealer in my area so I couldn't use them to make the purchase. But when you go through their online forms to put in the car you want to see what they have, there is a graph that comes up at some point that shows the range of prices people are getting and the average discounts. I think it is from something called True Car pricing but don't remember the exact name. Anyway, the discounts it showed for the Mercedes GLE I was considering were more like the 5% that the dealer offered, the Q7 Premium Plus was less and the Q7 Prestige was only about 1.5% back in June when I was making my deal. And then there was the simple fact that a Prestige with the Driver Assistance, Luxury and Cold Weather packages that were mandatory on my list was just about impossible to find in my rural area. There hasn't been another one come in to the dealer since I made a deal for an in transit vehicle almost two months ago. I agree with the poster above that it just depends on where you live and how many dealers are in the area to determine what discount you can get. And the more you are looking for a rare combination of packages the less room there will be for negotiations. So if you have the time to wait for a special order to come in, that might be the best plan.