Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 trim strips filler for front plate holder

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So, are the fill strips easily removable? Someone mentioned they lock in?
Old 09-28-2018, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are removable, but I wouldn’t say it’s easy.
I had the two strips reversed initially (e.g. top strip was on bottom), so I had to remove them to reinstall.
Removing them took some finessing, and felt like I was going to break the plastic tabs. But they both came out unscathed.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I removed my filler strips, nearly half of the tabs partially broke, and I refuse to believe you could remove them fully intact. The tabs have little locking sections and there's no way to unlock them other than brute force, so those little tabs get partly broken or bent. Remove and replace a few times and those tabs will get destroyed.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattwhit
Had the dealer remove the front plate holder and install the strips as part of my delivery ask... I have the BO package so they had to order them... Went in when the parts arrived.. I watched the "salesman" install them... super easy.. they just snap in! And WOW! I had no idea they cost that much... My sales guy mentioned that they were pricey but, DAMN! That's some expensive plastic!
Do yours 'stick out' or are they flush? I put mine in and they filled the slots but there is a flat space - kinda looks like where you stick a European plate - wide and short.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mctt197
Do yours 'stick out' or are they flush? I put mine in and they filled the slots but there is a flat space - kinda looks like where you stick a European plate - wide and short.
Flush... picture attached... Looks like the trim would accommodate the wider European plates... makes sense to have one front end with different license plate holders... And yes I know, she's dirty.. getting bath today!

Old 11-26-2018, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
Can you please guide on how you removed your license bracket? I removed all the 4 screws on the bracket it self and bracket is still kind of holding on to something.
Don't want to push and end up breaking something. Can you suggest how to remove the license bracket after removing the 4 screws hidden behind the license plate?

thanks
Old 11-27-2018, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

After the screws are out, the bracket is still held on to the bumper by 2 clips.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@kankou thanks for replying. Can you please make a video or few more step by step pictures to guide me remove the bracket carefully from my Q7? I don't want to accidentally end up breaking the front grill or the bracket. It would be great if you can make a quick video and post it to youtube and share the link here.

thanks a bunch!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Take a look at the clip shape and try to wiggle it out of the grille accordingly. I remember it was a bit of a up and away from the car motion.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Our 2017 Q7 with the BOP came with a front tag on it. I removed it and needed these strips. I was shocked at how much the dealer wanted to charge for them. I came across this thread and ordered them from the Cars245 dot com website mentioned earlier in the thread. I paid $130 and after a couple week delay at customs, they arrived. They are the OEM Audi parts and install took all of about 45 seconds. Thanks to the OP for taking a chance on the shady website and posting your results on here.

Also, for anyone with the BOP, the part number is 4M0807967BRN4.

Last edited by stanfna; 02-26-2019 at 08:10 AM.