Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 Audi Q7 Towing

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2022, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ecbc1
Did u inflate first before putting the weight on the Q7? How many inches did u go up before u out the weight on?
I haven’t measured it, but it’s close to the same sag as when I didn’t have the bags at all.

And yes I inflate them before adding the weight.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by John Carle
So I installed a 60904 kit into my 2018 Q7 and seem to be getting ZERO BENEFIT from it.
My trailer is around 4,400lbs and my tongue weight is in in the 450-500 range.

Possible theories I’d like to dispel with the groups help.

1. the 3.5” bags are too wide, getting stuck or something, and are thus not helping? Maybe I need 3” bags?
2. I perhaps over inflate them?
3. I need a thicker spacer above the bag like MoinEd did? (Hey Mo! I’m in St Albert.)

Any expertise or advice is welcome. Thanks all!
read the posts with what i did afterwards. You need a bigger spacer on top of the air bag to be effective.
Old 10-10-2022, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by John Carle
I haven’t measured it, but it’s close to the same sag as when I didn’t have the bags at all.

And yes I inflate them before adding the weight.
If it doesn't go up when you add air to the airbag without load, then it won't work for u. Something is wrong. Measure it to confirm

I did add the following rubber spacers to mine for a little more lift on the top. I used 3M double sided tape to make sure they stay.

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-10-2022, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MoInEd
read the posts with what i did afterwards. You need a bigger spacer on top of the air bag to be effective.
Thanks. That’s what I was hoping was the issue; a spacer is easy enough to install. Cutting out the bags and starting over would suck.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

OK. I've ordered 3.5" x 1.25" spacers on Amazon. They'll be here this weekend. I'll photo measurements of the whole process as reference.

Thanks all for your input and advice.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to revive this older thread. I may need to install the airbags also. So what is the overall consensus of best setup? AirLift Kit#60902 with the 3.5" rubber spacers? I would prefer not to have to purcase two kits.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 60902 Airbags Installed

I read through this thread and really appreciate everyone’s input.
I installed the 60902 without the spacers and still had some sag. But, more importantly my Audi Presense Front Radar detectors logged a fault after about 1-1/2 to 2 hours of towing. The dealership was extremely helpful and thoroughly reviewed all of the Audi Presense System.
it appears that the issue is not having the spacers. I have now ordered the recommended spacers from Amazon.
I have a few questions:
- Has anyone else had issues with the Audi Presense with sag?
- Has anyone tried setting the airbags to 50 psi? The manual states that with less than 1” pitch the bags can go up to 50 psi.
- Do I only want spacers at the top of the bag? Or top & bottom?

I have to give a lot of credit and thanks to the service department at Audi Flatirons in Broomfield, CO and Audi Fort Collins CO, they have been amazing and much much more helpful than my “home” dealer in TX.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndyMacAudi
I read through this thread and really appreciate everyone’s input.
I installed the 60902 without the spacers and still had some sag. But, more importantly my Audi Presense Front Radar detectors logged a fault after about 1-1/2 to 2 hours of towing. The dealership was extremely helpful and thoroughly reviewed all of the Audi Presense System.
it appears that the issue is not having the spacers. I have now ordered the recommended spacers from Amazon.
I have a few questions:
- Has anyone else had issues with the Audi Presense with sag?
- Has anyone tried setting the airbags to 50 psi? The manual states that with less than 1” pitch the bags can go up to 50 psi.
- Do I only want spacers at the top of the bag? Or top & bottom?

I have to give a lot of credit and thanks to the service department at Audi Flatirons in Broomfield, CO and Audi Fort Collins CO, they have been amazing and much much more helpful than my “home” dealer in TX.
I don't have much more to add at this time, as I'm waiting to get my boat out of storage before I decide what to do next regarding sag. I presume that I'll need to go the route of one of these kits. What are your impressions of the 60902 kit so far? Was it difficult to install? Did it help at all with sag? How much are you towing?
Old 04-10-2024, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts

Whenever I tow I get the presense warning but I wasn't sure if it has anything to do with the airbags installed.
If I was going to start over again I'd get the 60905 kit (3.5"x8.75"). I don't think if it matters where the spacer goes (top/bottom).
Old 04-10-2024, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MoInEd
Whenever I tow I get the presense warning but I wasn't sure if it has anything to do with the airbags installed.
If I was going to start over again I'd get the 60905 kit (3.5"x8.75"). I don't think if it matters where the spacer goes (top/bottom).
Does the warning self clear once you're not towing anymore? Not sure why that would have anything to do with airbags......?

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi Q7 Towing