Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2020 Audi Q7 Renders

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CountLaszlo
I didn’t know the Q8 matrix was approved for US.
The matrix headlights are installed on the Q8 but not activated. I’m surprised there isn’t already a hack to enable them.
The US will approve adaptive beam headlamps (matrix) but has proposed standards significantly different from the rest of the world 😒
Old 04-22-2019, 05:37 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by landragon
Compared to the competition it is looking old/unimpressive. The X7 is absolutely beautiful.. the Q7 you can barely pick it in a crowd.
Id choose the new GLS before the X7 but they’re both behemoths compared to the Q7. They’re also both first yr models while the Q7 will only be a refresh. The Q7 will still hold its own against direct competition like the X5, GLE and Cayenne.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was doing some Spring skiing up at Squaw Valley over Easter and saw the new X7 in the flesh. It looked fantastic and even the grill looked proportionate. It was a very large SUV though. If you need something that big it’s perfect. If it holds up it’ll lead the large SUV space, no doubt.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I was doing some Spring skiing up at Squaw Valley over Easter and saw the new X7 in the flesh. It looked fantastic and even the grill looked proportionate. It was a very large SUV though. If you need something that big it’s perfect. If it holds up it’ll lead the large SUV space, no doubt.
I saw one in San Fran last weekend, and it looked really nice. And I agree, the grill didnt look bad at all.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not a fan of it. It looks too "cute" in the front compared to the current Q7. Kind of like that Japanese animation style where characters have bigger, round eyes and their bodies are much smaller. The 2020 Q7 looks shorter and rounder and therefore less aggressive.

To each their own but it's not going to give me buyer's remorse.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by smacky
I'm not a fan of it. It looks too "cute" in the front compared to the current Q7. Kind of like that Japanese animation style where characters have bigger, round eyes and their bodies are much smaller. The 2020 Q7 looks shorter and rounder and therefore less aggressive.

To each their own but it's not going to give me buyer's remorse.
Perfect description.

It’s cute and adorable. Definitely not masculine.

My Q7 with optic looks like a stormtrooper and I’m constantly getting compliments. Won’t use the word ‘bad ***.’ Lol
Old 04-24-2019, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SarhoshAmiral
Isn't matrix headlights already an option in Europe for Q7? From the pictures it looks like it will get all the new tech in Q8 including matrix lights, LIDAR etc. Unfortunately for the current Q8 in US, the LIDAR was mostly useless since it seemed to be in use only for intersection collision detection. I am hoping in the newer models they will use it for more autonomous driving and make the 15 second auto pilot time longer in stop & go traffic.
Looks nice!

I have LED Matrix on my 2016 Q7 in Europe. Not very impressed though as it doesn't turn the lights in the corners as good as my old BMW with xenon. It lights up on both sides of other cars, which is very nice, but the main beam looks like it is always pointed straight forward. We only have xenon or LED Matrix as an option here so I don't know how LED whitout Matrix works?
Old 04-24-2019, 03:07 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Perfect description.

It’s cute and adorable. Definitely not masculine.

My Q7 with optic looks like a stormtrooper and I’m constantly getting compliments. Won’t use the word ‘bad ***.’ Lol
It's great that you like the car you purchased but stating you get compliments holds absolutely zero value. If you're into people stroking your ego im sure the new Q7 will get just as many compliments and im sure if you were to buy the redesign with the black optics options it would also look "stormtooper". Personally ill wait to see actual pictures before lending my opinion. The X5/X7 offering has a nice looking exterior but the interior leaves a lot to be desired. Right now Im leaning towards the GLS or maybe the E63s wagon. Two years ago I said I would never buy a Mercedes because of their styling but im a fan of the recent model releases. I could care less if anyone gives me compliments on them and how many likes a picture I post of it Instagram receives.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In terms of driving dynamics, which other SUV drives like the Q7, I like that despite being a large suv, in dynamic mode it drives like a small vehicle. When we test drove the GLS, I felt, I was driving a big car. I am wondering what other suv's are out there that drives like a Q7 and also love how quiet it is.
We need to replace our second car, need a 5 seater and not sure what to get. I was set on getting a model Y, but can't wait another 2 years and I have heard that tesla's lack the quality and luxury factor.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgiman
Looks nice. Still hate the fake exhausts.
My sentiments exactly. The SQ5 I owned I hated them also.

Quick Reply: 2020 Audi Q7 Renders