Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2020 Audi Q7 Renders

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
It's great that you like the car you purchased but stating you get compliments holds absolutely zero value. If you're into people stroking your ego im sure the new Q7 will get just as many compliments and im sure if you were to buy the redesign with the black optics options it would also look "stormtooper". Personally ill wait to see actual pictures before lending my opinion. The X5/X7 offering has a nice looking exterior but the interior leaves a lot to be desired. Right now Im leaning towards the GLS or maybe the E63s wagon. Two years ago I said I would never buy a Mercedes because of their styling but im a fan of the recent model releases. I could care less if anyone gives me compliments on them and how many likes a picture I post of it Instagram receives.
The E63 wagon is the only option I’d consider. Mercedes makes a great product and they have great attributes. My wife apparently won’t part from hers. For me where Mercedes falls short, at least in the SUV space, is lack of opulence. Unless you go Designo as an example you get leather that feels like Elephant skin. The artificial leather actually feels better. And then there lack of road noise insulation. My ‘16 GL550 wiper motors are a detail they overlook. The noise from the wiper mechanism will drive you absolutely batty during rainy weather, so loud. A 1,000 mile road trip in their SUVs with a ride so loud you literally dream it for days and by no means does not make up for the moniker. You end up hating it. The science behind a luxury experience goes way beyond looks. It’s a complete customer experience and IMO Mercedes continuously falls short on the entire packaged experience. And the Q7 was made to support the Bentley and no engineering detail was overlooked from a platform perspective because it was a shared cost and budget.

Last edited by CountLaszlo; 04-26-2019 at 07:33 AM.