Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2024 S line

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 191 Likes on 132 Posts
Default 2024 S line

Noticed you can now order a Q7 S line in my favorite color- matador red. Wheel selection also looks fantastic. What are your thoughts on this option? Too expensive for what it offers? Looks to be around 81k USD without any options although it’s pretty fully loaded up.
Old 12-05-2023, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

My 2023 Q7 Prestige was 83...included BO package, black badges, AW steering, towing, Beam rings, Guard mats, etc...I was a little POd that they just now started offering the EU available SLine trim like 45 days after i bought mine. Initially i thought I would have bought it in a second.

Realistically, the S Line is a Prestige, with a different front fascia, rear lower fascia, minimally larger rear spoiler, quilted seats, painted calipers, a "sport air suspension" (which REALLY only means it sits about 5mm lower than the comfort air suspension), and AWS as standard for the US.

After giving it thought...while I did like the quilted leather in my S6 - i like my seats with the adjustable head rest. Since everything on mine is black its all the same as the S Line. I just added the lower S Line rear fascia, SQ7 sway bars (not on the S Line) and had my calipers painted gloss black. The only tell on the outside is the front fascia and spoiler. Which i can swap if i choose.

Laser lights are an option on both trims.

The S Lines' only come loaded...which is great. I don't know if this package changes the residuals...like Premium and Premium Plus have better values than the Prestige - or if the S Line trim changes the incentives. But to me the S Line is a good deal for those wanting the SQ7 look with out the gas mileage penalty.

Last edited by parkstr8; 12-05-2023 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2023, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 191 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by parkstr8
My 2023 Q7 Prestige was 83...included BO. package, black badges, AW steering, towing, Beam rings, Guard mats, etc...I was a little POd that they just now started offering the EU available SLine trim like 45 days after i bought mine. Initially i thought I would have bought it in a second.

Realistically, the S Line is a Prestige, with a different front fascia, rear lower fascia, minimally larger rear spoiler, quilted seats, painted calipers, a "sport air suspension" (which REALLY only means it sits about 5mm lower than the comfort air suspension), and SWS as standard for the US.

After giving it thought...while I did like the quilted leather in my S6 - i like my seats with the adjustable head rest. Since everything on mine is black its all the same as the S Line. I just added the lower S Line rear fascia, SQ7 sway bars (not on the S Line) and had my calipers painted gloss black. The only tell on the outside is the front fascia and spoiler. Which i can swap if i choose.

Laser lights are an option on both trims.

The S Lines' only come loaded...which is great. I don't know if this package changes the residuals...like Premium and Premium Plus have better values than the Prestige - or if the S Line trim changes the incentives. But to me the S Line is a good deal for those wanting the SQ7 look with out the gas mileage penalty.
thank you! Great amount of information here and appreciate your comments.
Old 12-05-2023, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice, how long has the S-Line been available in NA? I always wondered why it wasn't an option.
Personally I'd go with this over modifying a Prestige as it's got full fruit as standard. Resale tings.
Old 12-05-2023, 04:03 PM
XA6
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can order Matador Red in Canada although the dealers don’t seem to stock it. There is no S Line package available to order on a Q7.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by XA6
You can order Matador Red in Canada although the dealers don’t seem to stock it. There is no S Line package available to order on a Q7.
Looks like you can select as an option on both? Option on the 55 Prestige in USA, standard all 55 TFSI in Canada.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is available now for the 2024 Model year in North America. Units already in transit to many dealers.
The following users liked this post:
montgomerie94 (12-06-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 139 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by parkstr8
I just added... ...SQ7 sway bars (not on the S Line)
Not to distract from the OP, but how much of a difference does this make? Are you able to tell the difference and how does it feel? TIA

Last edited by PsyQ7; 12-07-2023 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2023, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

To my knowledge based on research and a lot of YouTube EU vids...the main dif is only the minor cosmetics. They say its a little stiffer in ride..but its because the air suspension is ever so slightly lower. Which can be done with a CETE module. The seats are a different...not necessarily better.

I feel more with my added SQ7 sways bars and leaving it in Dynamic.
The following users liked this post:
PsyQ7 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

i of course don't know your financial situation or if you like hrspwrs but if it was me, i'd try to stretch another 10-15k and get an sq7 which is available in matador red as well

not apples to apples, but looking at used sq7 prices now i kinda regret buying my '19 q7 11 months ago. for another 15-17k i could get a similarly miled '21 sq7 today. i of course probably wouldnt be able to sell my old sq5 at the price i got a year ago but hey, hindsight is 20/20

Quick Reply: 2024 S line