Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

20k down

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Default 20k down

So finally hit 20k on my 17 Q7 and so far it has been great not perfect but pretty amazing. I enjoyed 99.9% of those miles. The car have been relatively trouble free and sublime. Ride , handling, practicality and versatility all shined over those miles. Even the poise and character of the vehicle getting me somewhere in a hurry left me very satisfied. The issues I encountered was few and far between. They were:

Driveline malfunction - I figured out it was start stop system. So I turn it off when I hard launch from a stop. Never came back

My VC went Euro on me - I stopped restarted car and it never came back

Hattch rattle - dealer adjusted it

Typical mmi hang ups - just reset it and I was good

​​​​​​And thats it really. I'm still pretty miffed about storage but more importantly no sunglasses holder. But in the grand scheme of things that's a better problem to be complaining about. So 20k in I am very happy and looking forward to the next 20k adventures in my Q.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 182 Posts

Nice!

I'm also miffed by no sunglasses holder, ended up moving over my $3 visor clip from my truck and that’s ok I guess? But yeah lol to 70k car with such minimal cabin storage.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
So finally hit 20k on my 17 Q7 and so far it has been great not perfect but pretty amazing. I enjoyed 99.9% of those miles. The car have been relatively trouble free and sublime. Ride , handling, practicality and versatility all shined over those miles. Even the poise and character of the vehicle getting me somewhere in a hurry left me very satisfied. The issues I encountered was few and far between. They were:

Driveline malfunction - I figured out it was start stop system. So I turn it off when I hard launch from a stop. Never came back

My VC went Euro on me - I stopped restarted car and it never came back

Hattch rattle - dealer adjusted it

Typical mmi hang ups - just reset it and I was good

​​​​​​And thats it really. I'm still pretty miffed about storage but more importantly no sunglasses holder. But in the grand scheme of things that's a better problem to be complaining about. So 20k in I am very happy and looking forward to the next 20k adventures in my Q.
Coming up on 25k and I feel the same way... No major complaints.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm up to 17k, had several issues and was very frustrated by AoA but all have since been resolved to my complete satisfaction.

The Q7 is one hell of a vehicle and a pleasure to drive, sometimes I feel it drives just a well as our lux cars.

Even though we ordered a new Cayenne, I'm so glad we also have a 19 Q7 coming in as well (both dealers have no issue if I cancel either or the two since we spec'd them to be easily resellable).

The Q7 will be a tough act to follow, and although the 2020 may look a bit nicer and be more torquey, the current version will be missed by many. One of my contacts at Porsche confided that the touch screen stuff has been one of their customers biggest complaints.

Last edited by RJC 1; 03-13-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:24 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I have somewhere around 16K on it now and besides two software updates (show me a new car today that doesn't require them) and the brake TSB the Q7 has been great and so has my dealer.. I would purchase another one tomorrow..

At first I thought the storage space may be an issue, but to be honest now almost two years in and we have not found it to be a problem at all.. Not once have I found myself missing anything, I guess in past vehicles we just used to store more junk inside than we really needed too..
Old 03-14-2019, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

A few here installed a sunglasses holder in place of the driver's side grab handle (I have the holder but haven't gotten around to replacing it yet - use the center console for sunglasses storage).
Old 03-14-2019, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10k completed. Had few issues with night vision, and premature wear of Goodyear tires. Also parking bulb and car alarm quit working. Everything was fixed promptly by Audi dealership. Happy with the purchase.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm at 27k and feel the same way its been totally solid few quirky issues but nothing major.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess this is a good place to post this. I been reading the posts with little to no issues on the 17 Q7. Congrats I will say. Finally I had to say "Uncle". Currently have 19K miles and just traded it to a brand new Buick Aviner. Had the 2010 Enclave before ordering our new Audi Q7. The last straw was the brake replacement. Was bringing that issue to the service department since about 15K miles. Was getting the film on brake run around, until one of the other advisors finally spoke up and said they been replacing brakes for awhile and cited some Bulliten number.
A little HX, ordered the Q7 in Sept go 16 and took delivery Jan of 17. Prestiage with night vision and a few other options. Loved the vehicle. Around the 11K mark is when issues started. The first was chewed tires cupping feathering whatever one calls it. The response, Audi's all wheel drive, way its built, Quatro system not good for tires..etc..Have the 20" Pirrelli run flats. Was advised to start with rotating which Audi don't advise but Pirrelli does. Didn't work then was told tires only good for 12K to 20K miles. Seriously? Then was software issues, the VC euro look when it wanted to, others up to the brakes being replaced. I asked for the numbers to consider getting the 19 Q7 maybe the new design from 2017 has been ironed out. I about hit the floor for what they offered.
Don't get me wrong, love the Audi, might be ahead of its time I don't know. In closing, went to Buick and got more on trade plus the discounts they was offering, I owe about 1200 bucks on the deal. So for a couple years I can go back to the Enclave, I am way past the part in my life to dicker with a Car salesman, when the internet is a good tool these days and wondering of they know that. Have made some friends on here. Hope all has better luck than me...John
Old 03-27-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you are on of the only people who bought a Buick... surprised they don't just fold the brand.

Quick Reply: 20k down