Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

21" BBS CH-R II

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21" BBS CH-R II

Thinking of switching my 20's to the 21"BBS below. Has anyone seen a photo of a 2017 with these wheels yet? Some of the black wheels I've seen so far seem to get lost against the white vehicle. (I just picture wheels with excessive break dust) These BBS wheels have enough contrast that I think will work but I'd really like to see them on before I commit the money. I will also be selling my 20's if anyone is interested.

I also like the platinum finish but not sure if it will contrast with the silver trim pieces.

Decisions, decisions!?!?!?

Anybody else out there with custom wheels? Would love to see pics!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great looking wheels - do they come without the silver lip? If I'm going to go black, I prefer all black. Personally speaking, I don't care for black on a white car due to the extreme contrast, or as you put it, getting lost. Stick with brushed silver on lighter colors, but that's just my taste.

I had a black Cayman S, and the only thing that wasn't black on the car was the red S on the trunk lid...it stood out.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure about a picture with those exact wheels (I really like the titanium finish btw) but I've had some fun looking at how various wheels would look on my upcoming Ink Blue Q7 using TireRack.com:

Wheels for 2017 Audi Q7 3.0T Prestige

=> you can select your Q7 color
=> you can click on the picture to make it larger.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not total black (I agree that's not a real good look on an all white car as large as the Q7) - but this is what I went with for my winter setup. They're a dark titanium finish with thin polished faces. I got the 21" with summer tire option with the car & these are 20" with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2s
Sorry for no pictures on the car - haven't had our first snowfall yet
Attached Thumbnails 21" BBS CH-R II-img_1293.jpg  
Old 05-20-2016, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I don't believe they come without the silver lip. I did find out though after speaking with the rep that the silver lip is replaceable without having to replace the entire rim. (around $50) That is outstanding in case you accidentally curb your rim.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Great looking set-up. I wanted the 21's but due to my impatience, I settled for the 20's. I just don't love them though, hence the pending upgrade.

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Not total black (I agree that's not a real good look on an all white car as large as the Q7) - but this is what I went with for my winter setup. They're a dark titanium finish with thin polished faces. I got the 21" with summer tire option with the car & these are 20" with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2s
Old 05-20-2016, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Agreed, tirerack is a cool sight for that. Just wish they had the BBS option to see on the car. You can order them by calling in but they don't display when configuring based on make and model.

Originally Posted by patbras
Not sure about a picture with those exact wheels (I really like the titanium finish btw) but I've had some fun looking at how various wheels would look on my upcoming Ink Blue Q7 using TireRack.com:

Wheels for 2017 Audi Q7 3.0T Prestige

=> you can select your Q7 color
=> you can click on the picture to make it larger.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Snow Tires for 20" wheels

Originally Posted by Cadx6
What size are the Blizzaks you have put on??
Old 05-23-2016, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Snow Tires for 2017 Q7

Trying to figure out which size tires to use for winter on my new 2016 Q7 with 20" wheels running 285 / 45 20

Only snow tire I see available in this size is
GOODYEAR ULTRA GRIP 8 PERFORMANCE

Tire rack has heaps of great cheaper options available in narrower size of
265 / 50 20
Does anyone have any experience in driving using that size both Tarmac and snow??
Old 05-23-2016, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bzone
What size are the Blizzaks you have put on??
They are 275/45R20's.
I'm a Southern California transplant so this is my first experience with separate dedicated summer & winter wheels / tires (my 2013 Q7 S-Line had 20" all seasons which were acceptable in the mild winter we had last year). Both my Audi dealer & my tire dealer recommended going down 1" in diameter & slightly narrower for a snow tire. If you stay too wide it just rides up over the snow & doesn't cut thru it to maintain contact with the surface below.

Quick Reply: 21" BBS CH-R II