Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2nd q7

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

I would get a SQ5 or a Macan if you like lots of buttons.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
Along with any Land Rover, if I were to acquire a F-Pace, it'd be with a lease as the reliability will definitely be an issue.
With the buyout by Teta, an Indian giant, they are working to erase those reliability issues which includes longer warranties.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My advice is to get the same car. I have a 2017 Q7 and a 2014 Cayenne S. Every time I switch from the Q7 to the Cayenne I miss all the technology and utility (7 seater). Every time I switch from the Cayenne to the Q7 I miss the amazing suspension and handling (and the V8). In a way I feel disappointed every time I switch cars (on the flip side I get a big smile at the same time).

So where I'm at right now is looking every day to find ways to upgrade the Q7 suspension to match the Cayenne (not much I can do about the engine though). And at the same time I'm looking for ways to upgrade the Cayenne tech to match the Q7, really not much I can do about this, especially the utility (7 seater).
Old 05-21-2017, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Range Rover Sport maybe? Or a decently-optioned Macan S or SQ5
Old 05-21-2017, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by indiandevil2
hi
in a bind.
have a q7 prestige. bought it for my wife. smooth as hell with all bells and whistles.
now planning to buy another SUV. initially didnt want to buy another q7. looked at bmw x5 ( new version i think coming in 2018 model ) , xc90 ( well made car ). dont like MB's.
really torn between q7 and xc90. 1 year review of the q7's are better than xc90's. but would not like to have 2 identical cars in the garage. i am not sure, but i dont want to buy something and then regret it the instant i drive off the lot !!
I came from a 2016 XC90 R-Design. Aside from the better looking front end (subjective) the only thing better might be the seats. Otherwise the Q7 beats it in every other spot across the board.

I wanted to keep our XC90 for 100k miles or more. We didn't get past 25k before I got fed up with constant dealer visits for service that sometimes lasted weeks on end. The Sensus system is full of bugs. Dealers can't keep up with updates and often claim to fix something just to have it reappear days later.

In 16 months, my car was in the shop over 40 days. Finally left my wife and kids stranded. That only has to happen once.

The technology in the Q7 simply works. Voice recognition and Google Maps are far superior.

...and if you tow, then it's a no-brainer as the Q7 goes to 7700lbs.

I would not recommend an XC90. You will quickly find it's flaws if you expect your features to consistently work.

Do you have to have two 7 seaters? So many other choices if you don't need both cars to have three rows.

Last edited by GeoJoe; 05-21-2017 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm a big fan of maximizing utility, and having 2 of the exact same vehicle will not accomplish that.

Assuming you have 5 of less people you would put in it on a regular basis your options are pretty open.

Do you want a budget/economy car (unlikely if you're looking at a Q, but could just mean gas mileage if not up front cost)? Something fun to drive? Some completely different utility (ie a truck proper).

If my wife wanted a Q7 badly I'd get something else.

The 2 vehicles I strongly considered before I got the Q7:
Porche Macan (after options the price was similar to the Q and its smaller, so not as good for family trips)
Tesla Model X (a lot more money and family trips liability due to charge times, also missing some options like HUD and night vision, didn't care for the blind spot monitoring implementation either)

Drove the X5, liked it, but liked almost everything about the Q7 better, so it was quickly elminated
Old 05-22-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darren_D
I have test driven or rented all of these and IF I had to purchase another SUV (not a 2nd Q7), I would highly consider leasing a Land Rover. Lots of choices like the I really want to test drive the new Discovery. I test drove the Range Rover Sport in both supercharged V6 gas and diesel, preferred the diesel.

Lease only consideration for the Land Rover's based on the Discovery being a new model and the brand not known for reliability.
the new discovery looks nice.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Johnny Bench
With the buyout by Teta, an Indian giant, they are working to erase those reliability issues which includes longer warranties.
Tata isn't a giant, it's a genuine commercial superpower.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you don't neeeeeeeed the Q's cavernous interior or the 7 seats then maybe an (R)S7 is in the cards? Or even an (R)S5 Sportback?
F-Pace is great too, the higher-end interiors are great and it's so sexy.

Velar lease? Or a Levante? No point getting a Bentayga as it is just a reskinned Q with a W12.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSQ9
If you don't neeeeeeeed the Q's cavernous interior or the 7 seats then maybe an (R)S7 is in the cards? Or even an (R)S5 Sportback?
F-Pace is great too, the higher-end interiors are great and it's so sexy.

Velar lease? Or a Levante? No point getting a Bentayga as it is just a reskinned Q with a W12.
good options. q7's space is a nice plus.

land rover, the only one which i like is range rover. i think i may go for that.
dont like small SUV's. now got to find range rover forum !!

Quick Reply: 2nd q7