Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

3rd Row Seat (Driver Side) won't fold down

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd Row Seat (Driver Side) won't fold down

Hello --

So we have had our 3.0 Q7 for just about a month now and its a really great drive all around. Great mix of performance and practicality for what it is. One issue that we are having is that the drivers side 3rd row seat will not fold flat...it is stuck in the full upright position with blinking warning lights on both sets of switches (passenger side works fine by the way). It make a bunch of motor noise when triggering the switch, but than nothing. Curious to see if anyone else has experienced this....will probably end up going to the dealer for the first visit it would seem.

Cheers,

OnOn
Old 06-12-2018, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you try to move second row forward to make enough room for 3rd row to fold down?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yup; did that and also tried giving it a bit of a push from behind.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Sounds like the motor is trying to move the seat back, but the lock mechanism is not releasing.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you found a way to fix it mine is doing the same thing same side, driver side third row seat, except it’s folded down and won’t come up.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So I have an appointment this coming Monday to get the "fix". They had never seen this issue before and had to open a case with Audi in Germany. They ended up ordering a new seat back assembly and will be replacing the entire unit. Hopefully that will do the trick!
Old 09-13-2018, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So.....an update on this: In a nutshell, its been a disaster.

So they had to order a new 3rd row seat frame assembly from Germany. When it arrived, they outsourced the "upholstery work" (as they called it) to a 3rd party without telling me (as they do not do upholstery work at the dealership...they use the same leather/cloth covering, but just stretch it across a new sear-frame I guess instead of replacing the whole assembly), putting over 100 miles on the clock for a roundtrip that was supposed to be about 70ish miles. But again, they did not tell me that the work would not be performed at the dealership.

But it gets better.

I go to pick-it up and while the 3rd row does now indeed fold flat on both sides, they put gashes/holes/scratches in several of the light beige ceiling trim panels which they don't mention to me until I do a walk through upon pick-up. Basically they must have had a hard time getting the 3rd row seat in and out of the car. Probably major surgery to a certain extent. Anyway the dealer say don't worry, we will take care of the damage.

So they order the parts and they say go ahead and bring it in and we will swap out the trim panels (I've done this on a Touareg and its really, really easy). That was about 17 days ago....they are still waiting on one trim panel supposedly. We took delivery of the car in the middle of May, and its been at the dealership a total of 30 days as of today. The fact that they can't source parts is incredible. The fact that the dealer outsourced the work to an incompetent 3rd party without my knowledge is nuts. 30 days and counting.

I'm venting. Thanks for reading.

Trying to figure out what my next steps are....I have a loaner which is fine, but its not my car. Mine is sitting at the dealership. Did I mention its been at the dealership for 30 days? LOL.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

In some states, 30 days is enough to trigger the lemon law.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing happened to me, thankfully I still had warranty but they did not give me a loaner because apparently hey didn’t have any available I was left without a vehicle on the same week my kids started school when I told them what I was suppose to do because they had the car for a week already they literally looked at me and said you should go rent a car. So I rented a car for another week until they were able to give me a loaner and kept the loaner for another week so in total they kept my car three weeks which cost 700 dollars in car rentals since I had to get an SUV because I have a large family. But they fixed the seat
Old 09-16-2018, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So is there no way to manually lift or drop the seat if the motor fails?

Quick Reply: 3rd Row Seat (Driver Side) won't fold down