Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

400 mile trip today 25mpg

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you get this to come up? I cannot figure it out.

[/QUOTE]
Old 09-10-2018, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Go to your trip/info tab using arrow buttons on the left side of the steering wheel:

then click the 'VIEW' button to expand the view to full screen (smaller gauges)

Hope this helps, if you are looking for something more specific, please elaborate.

Last edited by gsobol; 09-10-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by gsobol
Go to your trip/info tab using arrow buttons on the left side of the steering wheel:

then click the 'VIEW' button to expand the view to full screen (smaller gauges)

Hope this helps, if you are looking for something more specific, please elaborate.
That was it. Learning the controls one mistake at a time.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just did a quick 400 mile trip... similar numbers... ACC set to 80 for most of the trip.. A/C on too... Anyone notice any difference with different octane? I usually put in 91, some stations have 93... wonder if it make any difference? I'm at ~1000 above sea level...
Old 09-10-2018, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. I have a 2017 Q7 Prestige and I'm wondering how the ACC lane keeping is fairing on those who have it out there.
I currently also have a Tesla Model 3 and the lane keep is much better than the Q7 I have.

My Q7 lane recognition struggles to stay on green, let alone do it's lane keep.

Despite all that, I love the Q7! What a great ride.
But Tesla has one up on the Q7 when it comes to driver's assistance/autopilot.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by diffuser
Nice. I have a 2017 Q7 Prestige and I'm wondering how the ACC lane keeping is fairing on those who have it out there.
I currently also have a Tesla Model 3 and the lane keep is much better than the Q7 I have.

The Adaptive Cruise Control is really good (my previous Acura would get super aggressive both braking and accelerating) The Q makes you forget about working the pedals. I drove 150 miles today (Interstate) without once needing to brake... The lane keep is just okay, mine stays double green most of the time but when the lines break (on-off ramps, etc) it would want to pull to the side of the missing line... wouldn't trust it for more that a few seconds at a time... that said, it definitely makes the drive much easier... and the Q is SUPER comfortable and quiet out on the road... I have a M3 reservation (came in 1 week after I bought the Q7) The Tesla AP2+ seems to be much better... never experienced personally though. "My Q7 lane recognition struggles to stay on green, let alone do it's lane keep." I'm wondering if you have calibration issue... On well marked roads, I always see both green lines...
Old 09-10-2018, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I made a 200 mile trip yesterday after picking up a CPO Q7 with the 3.0T. It averaged 30.4 mpg. I wish that I could have found one with ACC. I had a Q5 TDI that had ACC but decided to get rid of it after the emissions “fix”. I couldn’t pass up the deal that I got on the Q7 and I’m happy with it.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by diffuser

Have you seen the videos for the EON openpilot? If your vehicle has LKAS you can add the EON camera and use openpilot to make it work like the Tesla so that it drives itself.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mattwhit
Just did a quick 400 mile trip... similar numbers... ACC set to 80 for most of the trip.. A/C on too... Anyone notice any difference with different octane? I usually put in 91, some stations have 93... wonder if it make any difference? I'm at ~1000 above sea level...
Using higher-octane fuel than required to avoid pre-ignition/detonation provides no benefit, and in some cases can result in lower power/efficiency. I would expect 91 and 93 to perform identically (or very nearly so) for you. If there was a discernible difference, 91 would perform better.

At higher altitude, less octane is required to prevent detonation due to the thinner air, but 1000 ft. isn't that high. If you lived in Denver, it might be worth trying a lower grade to find the sweet spot.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryT
Have you seen the videos for the EON openpilot? If your vehicle has LKAS you can add the EON camera and use openpilot to make it work like the Tesla so that it drives itself.
From the openpilot repository:

BMW, Audi, Volvo, and Mercedes all use FlexRay and are unlikely to be supported any time soon.

Quick Reply: 400 mile trip today 25mpg