Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket exhaust

Does anybody have an aftermarket exhaust installed on their Q7? If so, what brand is it?
Old 10-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i have been looking for something similar, can't find anything

my friend just got the sq5 and it sounds great, there must be a way to make it sound the same... same engine after all
Old 03-21-2018, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

still nothing on the market?
Old 03-21-2018, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Why would you want an aftermarket exhaust on a dad chariot? There is a thread on this. The older exhaust apparently fits the newer model. I would want to hear what it sounds like. It might sound like utter crap. I would drop money on a tune over an exhaust. The Q7 tune is so expensive and you really need a new crank pulley to get a big gain. The install would not be cheap and it would void the warranty. I sure would love to gain 100HP as I will lose almost 100HP to where I am moving to due to the elevation. If the HP is really annoying up there I might do it even if it voids the warranty. Roll the dice on an engine failure.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Avandss
i have been looking for something similar, can't find anything

my friend just got the sq5 and it sounds great, there must be a way to make it sound the same... same engine after all
SQ5 has some type of electronic device for sound, if you notice it’s got fake exhaust exits in the rear bumper. A coworker has one and loves the sound too but no exhaust tips.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With that being said I’m not 100% sure about the electronic tone but I too would love some type of tone / aftermarket exhaust for mine as well.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
With that being said I’m not 100% sure about the electronic tone but I too would love some type of tone / aftermarket exhaust for mine as well.
Then go for something like this:
Old 03-21-2018, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M0J0
Why would you want an aftermarket exhaust on a dad chariot? There is a thread on this. The older exhaust apparently fits the newer model. I would want to hear what it sounds like. It might sound like utter crap. I would drop money on a tune over an exhaust. The Q7 tune is so expensive and you really need a new crank pulley to get a big gain. The install would not be cheap and it would void the warranty. I sure would love to gain 100HP as I will lose almost 100HP to where I am moving to due to the elevation. If the HP is really annoying up there I might do it even if it voids the warranty. Roll the dice on an engine failure.
I don't know how to do the math but a loss of 100 hp? That doesn't sound possible even if you're moving from the Grand Canyon to Denver. I can see 50 HP, which is still a lot, but 100 is putting it in 2.0 territory.

As for an ECU tune, what happened with the RaceChip, or whatever it was called, that was advertised with a thread in this forum? It seems they make one for most German manufacturer models and the Q7 was a gain of 60 or 70 hp for $800ish
Old 03-22-2018, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by smacky
I don't know how to do the math but a loss of 100 hp? That doesn't sound possible even if you're moving from the Grand Canyon to Denver. I can see 50 HP, which is still a lot, but 100 is putting it in 2.0 territory.

As for an ECU tune, what happened with the RaceChip, or whatever it was called, that was advertised with a thread in this forum? It seems they make one for most German manufacturer models and the Q7 was a gain of 60 or 70 hp for $800ish
I am moving to Breckenridge, 9500ft. HP Loss = (elevation x 0.03 x horsepower @ sea level)/1000 Comes out to be 95HP loss. Denver would be 54HP.

You can't get big gains without changing the supercharger pulley which at the elevation will make a huge difference. I wish it was turbo charged instead of SC.

Last edited by M0J0; 03-22-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by M0J0
I am moving from Breckenridge. HP Loss = (elevation x 0.03 x horsepower @ sea level)/1000 Comes out to be 95HP loss. Denver would be 54HP.

You can't get big gains without changing the supercharger pulley which at the elevation will make a huge difference. I wish it was turbo charged instead of SC.
Actually the loss is not that drastic. Yes, you are better off with a turbo, however sc is next best thing to NA motor.

Quick Reply: aftermarket exhaust