Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Airmatic Lowering Links Error

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Airmatic Lowering Links Error

Anyone install the Airmatic lowering links and get an error? I had my local shop install them and we got a suspension error message that keeps coming back. I have a follow up appointment next week to hopefully resolve but looking for feedback to help them problem solve. The links came with directions and I didn't bring them to the shop (since they have installed many links on other models) but I will bring those next week.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 03-16-2018, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by apsuard
Anyone install the Airmatic lowering links and get an error? I had my local shop install them and we got a suspension error message that keeps coming back. I have a follow up appointment next week to hopefully resolve but looking for feedback to help them problem solve. The links came with directions and I didn't bring them to the shop (since they have installed many links on other models) but I will bring those next week.

Thanks,
Tony
It could be that the car is not leveled, or possibly it cannot achieve level.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks,
Tony
only thing I can think of is maybe the shop didn’t put the air suspension in service mode during the install. And if the suspension tried to make adjustments while the links weren’t connected it could have caused an error. maybe try installing the factory links and see if the dealership can reset the basic settings.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by erwheezy

only thing I can think of is maybe the shop didn’t put the air suspension in service mode during the install. And if the suspension tried to make adjustments while the links weren’t connected it could have caused an error. maybe try installing the factory links and see if the dealership can reset the basic settings.
I know they didn’t have the vehicle in off-road/jack mode so I wonder if that is the issue.

Airmatic guy thinks it might be too low. How many inches are you at fender to ground? I know you were low to start so I doubt that is the reason. I’m at 31” front, 31.25” rear fender to ground
Old 03-18-2018, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know they didn’t have the vehicle in off-road/jack mode so I wonder if that is the issue.

Airmatic guy thinks it might be too low. How many inches are you at fender to ground? I know you were low to start so I doubt that is the reason. I’m at 31” front, 31.25” rear fender to ground
illl try to measure tomorrow. but I really don’t think it’s cause your too low. I was almost tucking wheel in dynamic when I first installed them.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah your car is too low! On my S7 anything lowered past 17 mm's will give an error. There may be more room on your Q, but that is definitely your problem. Not sure how Erwheezy is getting away with his ride height, but I would bet if you lifted it up a little the errors would go away.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
Yeah your car is too low! On my S7 anything lowered past 17 mm's will give an error. There may be more room on your Q, but that is definitely your problem. Not sure how Erwheezy is getting away with his ride height, but I would bet if you lifted it up a little the errors would go away.
It gave an error with lowering links installed? Or when you lowered via VCDS? I have heard of the issue with VCDS lowering throwing a code if too low. But I never heard of it with links.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

It gave an error with lowering links installed? Or when you lowered via VCDS? I have heard of the issue with VCDS lowering throwing a code if too low. But I never heard of it with links.
I have had errors with 3 different setups. I got an error with lowering links when too low, with VCDS when I went too low and finally I got an error with the Cete lowering module. So that leads me to believe when you pass a certain threshold the car senses it and throws up error messages. When I kept all the above lowering methods to no more than 17 mm's (16 S7) I was totally fine and all error's never occurred.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:08 PM
546AWHP/ 626AWTQ 4M.5

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks,
Tony
I just installed mine today. On the instructions it warns not to lower the link more than 9mm from the stock link. So the rear stock link is 144mm then adjust the Airmatic link to 154mm Every 5mm is a 14mm drop on the suspension. Approximately a 2 inch drop. The front link was like 101mm that was taken down to 90mm. I went with a 10mm difference on the front and rear with no errors.

Last edited by Irvin Fitzgerald; 07-01-2021 at 12:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Irvin Fitzgerald:
montgomerie94 (11-04-2021), ywang98 (11-04-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 02:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How’s the ride? Which links did you use?
The following users liked this post:
Irvin Fitzgerald (06-14-2021)

Quick Reply: Airmatic Lowering Links Error