Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi drivers circle survey

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Audi drivers circle survey

Seems AoA is running a survey to gauge customer interest in subscribing to Matrix head lights (no idea how that would work) and to Audi Connect Prime, so maybe we’ll someday be able to get the former and the latter at reduced cost....
Old 11-07-2017, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by netrom17
Seems AoA is running a survey to gauge customer interest in subscribing to Matrix head lights (no idea how that would work) and to Audi Connect Prime, so maybe we’ll someday be able to get the former and the latter at reduced cost....
Agreed, it was an interesting survey. Per my understanding, Audi is studying the feasibility of offering such services (matrix headlight/high beam assist/park assist/maybe others?) on a subscription model either with/without Audi Connect. It could imply that the vehicles would have all the necessary hardware pre-installed and then it would only be a matter of activation by the dealer or yourself (via MyAudi portal/app). This reminded me of a similar approach that Tesla is using for its vehicles, where all the hardware (cameras, sensors etc) are already in the vehicle and they can be activated via an OTA software update after purchasing the required feature.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I found that interesting as well.

I also think such features as subscriptions are fail.

I found the questions also asked in a way that did not allow me to illicit my true opinion.

I think if the hardware is on the car I'd just want the lifetime subscription. Otherwise I think its neat to be able to preview/test features and decide if its worth the money to you, but the last thing I want is my car to be a monthly subscription (its why I do not lease!)

I'd be tempted for something like the headlights during standard time (Nov-Mar) when I drive a lot at night, and cancel during daylight savings time perhaps, but if you lack the ability to do just a month here or there and floor is like audi connect prime I would probably never do it.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

God help us. Another way of getting your money..... The more things change .... It's like the public phone booths, anyone got a quarter?
Old 11-07-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brimstone
I also think such features as subscriptions are fail.
While I agree, unfortunately the carmakers are more interested in the new upcoming consumer population - the millennials. So in order to survive in the future, carmakers today are adapting to changing buying habits of the new generation.

Currently Ford, Volvo and Porsche are in the process of testing such subscription models. Its only matter of time before others follow suit. The automotive industry is going through very big changes.

Ford Canvas - https://drivecanvas.com/
Volvo Care - https://www.volvocars.com/intl/cars/care-by-volvo
Porsche Passport - https://www.porschepassport.com/
Old 11-07-2017, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another way to raise the price

Originally Posted by gsobol
God help us. Another way of getting your money..... The more things change .... It's like the public phone booths, anyone got a quarter?
Pretty soon, the car will come with no steering wheel and no brake and gas pedal! If you want those they will be available for a monthly fee. Way too many meaningless surveys.......