Audi Q7 2017 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi Q7 2017 Prestige

Hey Everyone
i recently purchased a 2017 prestige q7 driven 52k

recently I noticed that the front right tire is losing air pressure, I refilled it once using the compressor just in case it was a gradual thing but the air pressure was lost after 100 kms again (it’s not flat yet but considerably less air)

Would I need to get this tire replaced or can flat run tires be repaired as well? I’m planning to go a tire shop over the weekend but wanted to get an idea What should I be expecting

thanks in advance!
The following users liked this post:
adobian (11-16-2021)
Old 11-16-2021, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sahilpuri
Hey Everyone

recently I noticed that the front right tire is losing air pressure, I refilled it once using the compressor just in case it was a gradual thing but the air pressure was lost after 100 kms again (it’s not flat yet but considerably less air)

Would I need to get this tire replaced or can flat run tires be repaired as well? I’m planning to go a tire shop over the weekend but wanted to get an idea What should I be expecting

thanks in advance!
Get it repaired. The tire shop will find the leak and patch it up.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Everyone

thanks in advance!
I've had a run flat tire patched before without any issues at Discount Tire, they just won't do it if the puncture is along the sidewall or close to the sidewall like with any tire.
Old 11-19-2021, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissInTexas
I've had a run flat tire patched before without any issues at Discount Tire, they just won't do it if the puncture is along the sidewall or close to the sidewall like with any tire.
Thank you for responding!

I just got back from the tire shop and they mentioned that the puncture is along the edge of the tire so l I’ll essentially need to buy 2 tires.

I’m wondering if using the sealant that I got with the car can fix the puncture along the edge in this case or should I get the tire replaced in case sealant can’t fix punctures along the edge as well?
The following users liked this post:
adobian (11-19-2021)
Old 11-20-2021, 04:30 AM
SVJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you for responding!

I just got back from the tire shop and they mentioned that the puncture is along the edge of the tire so l I’ll essentially need to buy 2 tires.

I’m wondering if using the sealant that I got with the car can fix the puncture along the edge in this case or should I get the tire replaced in case sealant can’t fix punctures along the edge as well?
If it's that green goo, I wouldn't use it. Did the tire shop show you exactly where the puncture was???? It may not be as close to the edge as he makes you believe and you can "plug it" yourself.