Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Rings Puddle Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
They're cheesy to me. I can't believe so many people are into them.
Next thing you know people will be installing underglow lights.
You could also argue it's dumb to pay 70 grand and up for a car that you drive from point A to point B when a car a third of that price will also do it.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Lectoid
You could also argue it's dumb to pay 70 grand and up for a car that you drive from point A to point B when a car a third of that price will also do it.
Yeah that's not an apples to apples comparison at all.
There's A LOT more factors in decided what car to buy.

No factors go into adding a cosmetic kit to shine your cars logo down to the pavement.
It's almost as bad as the Mercedes glowing emblem. The creator of PimpMyRide should be suing them both.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah those won’t last long, as I said before been there tried that..to each there own my man.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

That's true, that was a bad comparison. Mine was more like getting the more expensive lights over the cheap ones linked a few posts above.

I think the lights look classy. But I also think underglow lights are cool.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's true, that was a bad comparison. Mine was more like getting the more expensive lights over the cheap ones linked a few posts above.

I think the lights look classy. But I also think underglow lights are cool.
yeah when I got the cheapo ones the ring wasn’t available. The rings or the Quattro ones look best imho. Went with rings though this time. Speaking of trying to save money, I bought the cheapo supercharged red sport badge and the red part is fading too. Lesson learned for sure. Anyone got a link for the factory ones? Thanks!
Old 11-16-2018, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
Yeah that's not an apples to apples comparison at all.
There's A LOT more factors in decided what car to buy.

No factors go into adding a cosmetic kit to shine your cars logo down to the pavement.
It's almost as bad as the Mercedes glowing emblem. The creator of PimpMyRide should be suing them both.
Well there are factors, like quality. And the point is that these $7 lights will not match the quality of the OEM, and so, springing for better quality on a 70k vehicle probably makes some sense. I cant imagine that shipping charges from china are less than $10...so imagine the quality you are getting
Old 11-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Well there are factors, like quality. And the point is that these $7 lights will not match the quality of the OEM, and so, springing for better quality on a 70k vehicle probably makes some sense. I cant imagine that shipping charges from china are less than $10...so imagine the quality you are getting
My point was both OEM and aftermarket look cheesy.
Better not to have either.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Amazon.com is full of these with horrible ratings. Sounds like they tend to fade after a few months.

I appreciate the links and actually the first ones you linked looked good, but I'm not mad at my purchase.
I installed these about 6 months ago; still look great to this day. And 4 1/2 stars!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWP7JIP/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWP7JIP/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-16-2018, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Force-1
I installed these about 6 months ago; still look great to this day. And 4 1/2 stars!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon reviews...lol those r a joke..the intensity and focus of light of the oem ones are just incredible as compared to those. You really have to see them in person. But hey if it’s good enough for you then it’s good enough for you.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDGUY2001@YAHOO.COM

amazon reviews...lol those r a joke..the intensity and focus of light of the oem ones are just incredible as compared to those. You really have to see them in person. But hey if it’s good enough for you then it’s good enough for you.
N00bs

Quick Reply: Audi Rings Puddle Lights