Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Best interior color for Glacier White metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Now I'm questioning my choice to not go with the black headliner. I went with Glacier White/Nougat/Walnut/standard headliner. I'll post picks as soon as I take delivery. It should have gotten to Davisville on saturday
Old 05-23-2016, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bradycline
Now I'm questioning my choice to not go with the black headliner. I went with Glacier White/Nougat/Walnut/standard headliner. I'll post picks as soon as I take delivery. It should have gotten to Davisville on saturday
It is just a bit brighter inside. Really not that big of a deal. I have been in a car with both. I prefer the black but it isn't like it is even remotely a deal breaker. If anything, the lighter headliner may make the inside of the car a bit brighter so you can see the woods better.

You won't even notice it.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Let me know if you'd like other angles of the car.

You may have noticed I also installed the dash cam. I ran the wire along the roof line, down the A pillar (without completely removing the A-pillar), through the dash bottom.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you for sharing! Really like the Beige interior. Only wish Audi had used black or dark brown for the bottom part of the interior - sort of what they did with the Nougat. Easier to maintain than pure Beige carpets/scuff boards.

Originally Posted by otteporihs

You may have noticed I also installed the dash cam. I ran the wire along the roof line, down the A pillar (without completely removing the A-pillar), through the dash bottom.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can I see a close up of Layered Walnut meets Beige leather?
Old 05-24-2016, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lapi
Can I see a close up of Layered Walnut meets Beige leather?
Here are some more close-up pics. Hope they help!

Old 05-24-2016, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Normally I hate brown leather, but the Audi Q7 nailed it. It is a real rich brown color, like something you'd find in a Maserati. You have to see it in person. Granted, it was with a black exterior, but I don't think it matters as much. I would get a Q7 with brown leather, but I'm waiting for the new SQ5.

I test drove one recently and took a bunch of photos, but unfortunately I didn't focus much on the leather -- more on the tech. But I did salvage this cellphone footage. Apologies, not the greatest, but I think it shows how nice it looks:

And for the record, it would look fantastic with a white exterior.

Last edited by marnes; 05-24-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are some more close-up pics. Hope they help!
-:drool:-

Perfect color transition, from brown to walnut layered to beige!

Thank you so much for taking time to post those. I am sure it will help a lot of people who is trying to decide on colors.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by marnes
Normally I hate brown leather, but the Audi Q7 nailed it. It is a real rich brown color, like something you'd find in a Maserati. You have to see it in person. Granted, it was with a black exterior, but I don't think it matters as much. I would get a Q7 with brown leather, but I'm waiting for the new SQ5.

I test drove one recently and took a bunch of photos, but unfortunately I didn't focus much on the leather -- more on the tech. But I did salvage this cellphone footage. Apologies, not the greatest, but I think it shows how nice it looks:

2017 Audi Q7 with brown interior - YouTube

And for the record, it would look fantastic with a white exterior.
Well that video is of a $6k luxury package cedar brown leather, not nougat. It definitely looks like a "richer" brown color (as you describe Maserati-like) than nougat, and it's also a lighter shade of brown than nougat. Cedar has a more natural-looking tanned leather brown look, while nougat's more textured leather is darker and looks more artificially-colored. (yes I know both are artificially colored) but the cedar definitely looks and feels more expensive. Both look great and Audi did a nice job with the brown color schemes on this car. If had gone with a white exterior paint, I would've definitely chosen cedar over nougat though. Stunning in person.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larryV
Well that video is of a $6k luxury package cedar brown leather, not nougat. It definitely looks like a "richer" brown color (as you describe Maserati-like) than nougat, and it's also a lighter shade of brown than nougat. Cedar has a more natural-looking tanned leather brown look, while nougat's more textured leather is darker and looks more artificially-colored. (yes I know both are artificially colored) but the cedar definitely looks and feels more expensive. Both look great and Audi did a nice job with the brown color schemes on this car. If had gone with a white exterior paint, I would've definitely chosen cedar over nougat though. Stunning in person.
You may very well be correct. In Canada, it is a $3750 option. But definitely looks closer to the actual color in the video. I test drove this car, I didn't buy it, so I don't have the actual specs handy. It was a Technik car that optioned out to about $80k CDN, so it fits. It was missing a bunch of higher end options such as the air suspension, 4 wheel steering, advanced driving assist, etc. My test drive focused mostly on the technology.

Quick Reply: Best interior color for Glacier White metallic?