Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Brake Squeal Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Squeal Poll

Thought perhaps if we collect relevant data, maybe AoA would be more responsive.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RLCKRRT
Old 04-17-2018, 05:33 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Just submitted my information..
Old 04-17-2018, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by OuttieForLife
Thought perhaps if we collect relevant data, maybe AoA would be more responsive.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RLCKRRT
Don't think they would.
This forum is a place for member's bragging, not a place where Audi collects data.

Survey submitted.

Last edited by ConservativeConsumer; 04-17-2018 at 06:39 AM. Reason: cc
Old 04-17-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did the survey but I don't think it will matter since AoA acknowledges the problem and say they are working on a fix. We are about 22 months into a 36 month lease, and I'll bet a keg of Heineken they won't fix the brake noise before the Q7 lease ends...
Old 04-17-2018, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with you both, but it can't hurt to collect data and provide a summary. I understand that they've acknowledged the break issue, but I don't think they're admitting anything on the uneven tire wear (the second poll). I'm simply suggesting that it may help all of us to have this information, as we independently, and collectively, approach our SAs and AoA. Thanks for the feedback!!
Old 04-21-2018, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, 23 responses are in. Only 3 are fortunate enough to have no experienced the issue. I will update as/if more responses come in.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default brake squeal

my '17 with 20k miles squeal's like a pig! def in reverse but it gets worse each month. my service advisor said don't do anything yet hoping for a fix that is covered. but its pretty crazy how many of these do this.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just heard the first few chirps when backing out on a cold wet night. Only last the length of the driveway and it's something I experience all the time on an 08 535xi we have when it's cold or wet. The BMW's lasts a bit longer, usually for the first three turns I make out of the neighborhood. Or one, hard brake solves it.

First time on the Audi, though, and we're at just under 6K and 4 months and a week in.

We do have some wheel cleaner spray that someone in our house bought. Haven't used it in months, but I'm wondering if it's brake dust or something similar that's causing it? I don't know, you guys have been dealing with this longer and this car does go through a touchless wash every week or so. But I might spray some deep inside the wheels and hose it off. See what happens.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Regardless of the outcome, this is a really nice way to collect data and present the results. I would suggest keep promoting this survey and get more people to participate.
There are a lot of people who are too lazy to sign up and post their issues on forums, but they won't mind clicking few checkboxes and fill out a survey. So far it seems like 2017s have more issues, but then 2018s are also newer that we might eventually start seeing more of them with squeaky brakes.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you to everyone who responded. I'll close the poll and you can see that out of 36 respondents, only 3-4 people have not experienced this issue. My car is at Audi right now for the 30k service - waiting to see if they have a solution.

Quick Reply: Brake Squeal Poll