Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Building a 2018 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Building a 2018 Q7

I am in the process of building a 2018 Q7 and i noticed few things changed on the audi website around a month or so ago.

1. no more ventilation package. Only warm weather offered
2. no more option for trailer hitch. Is this now standard?
3. on the Premium Plus 2.0t, there is now a light brown leather option, which if chosen along with the warm weather package, gets you the comfort seats and massage chair option at no extra charge? Is this legit or a mistake?

Last but not least i am on the fence about adding the driver assistance package. Is this stuff actually useful in rear world driving?
Old 02-02-2018, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The drivers assist is fantastic. Makes driving on the highway or in traffic a breeze. The added safety features are really nice to have knowing you have "someone looking over you" if something were to happen. I would check the box for that, in my opinion its worth it to spend the extra money to have some sort of "backup" if you know what I mean.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
I am in the process of building a 2018 Q7 and i noticed few things changed on the audi website around a month or so ago.

3. on the Premium Plus 2.0t, there is now a light brown leather option, which if chosen along with the warm weather package, gets you the comfort seats and massage chair option at no extra charge? Is this legit or a mistake?

Last but not least i am on the fence about adding the driver assistance package. Is this stuff actually useful in rear world driving?
2. That is wierd. Maybe they are out of the parts???
3. Seems like to select that color (since it is ventilated) you have to get Warm weather pack. Where does it say you will get Comfort seats and Massager? Because you dont
Old 02-02-2018, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
3. Seems like to select that color (since it is ventilated) you have to get Warm weather pack. Where does it say you will get Comfort seats and Massager? Because you dont
go to premium plus 2.0T. Then check box to add warm weather package. Then go up top and select the LIGHT BROWN leather color. And then you will see comfort seats pop up next to the standard seats. You select those. Then when you scroll all the way down to options, under the rear seat air bag, automatically checked you will see those extra options
Old 02-02-2018, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

go to premium plus 2.0T. Then check box to add warm weather package. Then go up top and select the LIGHT BROWN leather color. And then you will see comfort seats pop up next to the standard seats. You select those. Then when you scroll all the way down to options, under the rear seat air bag, automatically checked you will see those extra options
I didnt do it but I'm sure you wont get free comfort seats and massager. The web site is probably glitchy but the actual built sheet wont be
Old 02-02-2018, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

stay tuned. lol
Old 02-02-2018, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are referring to "Cedar Brown" I wouldn't call that a light brown. It has a very strong orange tint. Would recommend you look around online or better yet in person to see if you like it

Old 02-02-2018, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yeah thats the one. looks pretty good., do you have a prestige ?
Old 02-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

1. Warm Weather pack gets you the vented seats + additional venting in the dashboard
2. Hmm... last time I went through the configurator on AudiUSA, trailer pack was extra ($500-600?). Mine has it.. i specifically wanted/needed it.
3. doesn't sound right.. sometimes on the AudiUSA build your own configurator, if you choose certain options, it automatically upgrades others.. so you may have not noticed that it upgraded you to the lux interior which gives the massage chairs too..
4. Driver Assist is awesome... didn't think i would appreciate it as much as I do... adaptive cruise is incredible. Lane assist is amazing. My wife used it for the first time on a section of the "60 freeway" in Southern California called "The Badlands" between Banning and Perris Lake. She said "That was the first time that I actually felt somewhat relaxed while driving the badlands".

I also wanted to have the Air Shocks for the auto adjusting/self leveling ability while towing. In USA, you can only get this as part of the "Adaptive Chassis" option on a Prestige. SOOoo.. you also get 4 wheel steering. The adaptive chassis is the best! The Q7 turns a tighter radius than my old Q5 did, and the ride is incredible.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

1. Warm weather only.
2. You can still get towing.
3. It's a mistake, you need a Prestige with luxury package to get it.

Quick Reply: Building a 2018 Q7