Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Buying in November or December

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buying in November or December

Hi guys ans gals

About to be an Audi owner here. Have been looking for Q7 for sometime and it seems there are decent offers on 2018 Q7 Prestige models.

Do you think I should buy 2018 Q7 prestige now with ~10% off msrp 71k or wait until December for a better deal?

I would like get a prestige model, so i understand the supply might be out. But just curious if i can expect much higher discount.

I am buying and not leasing since my annual miles are below 7k so i am planning to keep the car for sometime around 6 years or more. Will get a 4 year maintenance plan and will skip on extending warranty.

TIA,
Chris
Old 11-01-2018, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

There wont be many 2018s left in December, but you'll get a great deal on a 2019. I would wait until the last week of December and grab one. Dealers have a lot of incentives to move cars at the end of the year and meet their quotas, and you easily get more than 10% off. A year or two ago, you may not have gotten an end of year deal with the Q but there are plenty now and dealers are dealin'. End of the year is always a good time to buy.

If you only plan to put on 28k miles in 4 years, skip the maint plan as you'll only get 2 oil changes, one of which is free anyway
Old 11-01-2018, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
There wont be many 2018s left in December, but you'll get a great deal on a 2019. I would wait until the last week of December and grab one. Dealers have a lot of incentives to move cars at the end of the year and meet their quotas, and you easily get more than 10% off. A year or two ago, you may not have gotten an end of year deal with the Q but there are plenty now and dealers are dealin'. End of the year is always a good time to buy.

If you only plan to put on 28k miles in 4 years, skip the maint plan as you'll only get 2 oil changes, one of which is free anyway
Thank you, BigKutta.

But, I guess will I really be able to buy a prestige model at ~62k, as the 2019 models priced higher, the discounts should be much higher than current 2018s.

Where I am trying to get to is to if I will be able to buy a 2019 prestige at 62k, once 2018 are out. As winter approaching and with all the holidays ahead, i thought would be better to put the car purchase behind.

Thank you,
Chris
Old 11-01-2018, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chris_Or

Thank you, BigKutta.

But, I guess will I really be able to buy a prestige model at ~62k, as the 2019 models priced higher, the discounts should be much higher than current 2018s.

Where I am trying to get to is to if I will be able to buy a 2019 prestige at 62k, once 2018 are out. As winter approaching and with all the holidays ahead, i thought would be better to put the car purchase behind.

Thank you,
Chris
I'm not understanding what you are saying, but here's what I'm saying.
It is a good time to buy a 2018 now, yes. The 2019 are coming out and the dealers want to rid themselves of the 2018s.
However, come December end, you'll get good discounts on the 2019s as well (likely).

No one has a crystal ball, so hard to predict, but either way you are in a good place
Old 11-01-2018, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm not understanding what you are saying, but here's what I'm saying.
It is a good time to buy a 2018 now, yes. The 2019 are coming out and the dealers want to rid themselves of the 2018s.
However, come December end, you'll get good discounts on the 2019s as well (likely).

No one has a crystal ball, so hard to predict, but either way you are in a good place
Thank you for replying.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I would suggest that you test drive both the 2018 and 2019 Q7. Try to find out the key differences between them. If they are more or less the same, and if you decide on 2018 then pull the trigger on it now. Else you run the risk of 2018 getting sold out if you wait. If you decide on 2019, Dec end is the best time.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally chose to go with a 2019 Q7. It has the wireless phone box and park assist in addition to 2018. If you don't care about those features, I think there is no reason to wait for one as long as you find a car that you like, otherwise you are going to have to custom order a 2019 anyway. If you wait until end of december to order, it might make sense to just wait for 2020's btw.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SarhoshAmiral
I personally chose to go with a 2019 Q7. It has the wireless phone box and park assist in addition to 2018. If you don't care about those features, I think there is no reason to wait for one as long as you find a car that you like, otherwise you are going to have to custom order a 2019 anyway. If you wait until end of december to order, it might make sense to just wait for 2020's btw.
thank you.

I thought park assist were available on 2018s Too. Wireless charging dont care as i use it as navi sometimes and keep it on dash.

Did you try both models?

TIA
Old 11-01-2018, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chris_Or

thank you.

I thought park assist were available on 2018s Too. Wireless charging dont care as i use it as navi sometimes and keep it on dash.

Did you try both models?

TIA
There will be no difference in the drive (assuming same suspension in each one), just the 1-2 features they add to the packages each year. There's really no need to drive them imo.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

There will be no difference in the drive (assuming same suspension in each one), just the 1-2 features they add to the packages each year. There's really no need to drive them imo.
Thank you. We might pull a trigger on 2018 Prestige for ~62k as i think its a good discount from 71k msrp.

Quick Reply: Buying in November or December