Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Car Lease Negotiator?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Lease Negotiator?

Hello. A few years back I used a one man show car buying service and had a great experience. The guy was in CA, but was able to save me about $1500 over what I was trying to negotiate with Audi dealers in TN. I tried to reach back out to the guy, but it appears he has moved on. Can anyone recommend a car leasing negotiating company to work through? I'm not sure if they are called brokers or what, but I loved the experience. Everything was filled out in advance. I told him what I was looking for and he reached out to dealers for the best deal. He also kept up with any rebates and promos. I ended up flying from TN to NY to make the purchase (lease), walked in the door and left the dealership within 20 mins (including a demo of the inside tech) and drove my A6 at the time back to TN. Just curious if there are reputable services out there. I just hate spending a ton of time dealing with this whole process (ha). I just want to tell someone the make, model, trim and colors I'm willing to take (I'm flexible) and have them come back with prices and cars and locations. thanks for any guidance. Tom
Old 08-13-2018, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Intriguing idea.

This is the sort of thing I wish Costco's autobuying program was. Give them the specs... they locate the model through a national inventory database... get a GREAT deal, ... maybe help relocate it closer to you,

bing bang done...
Old 08-14-2018, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

In NYC, there are quite a few shops that would do the lease negotiating for you - and you can pit one vs the other (just as you would the dealers). They will skim off the top some but still you will likely end up with a better lease deal than you would negotiate yourself. I financed my Audi, but two years ago used one of these to negotiate my father's CRV deal and did very well.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Why pay someone, when you can do it yourself.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Rals
If you have the experience, time, math skillz and patience (and can beat what the negotiator offers) - kudos. If not, it's a useful service that can deliver essentially the same results with less hassle.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rals
People pay for services when either they don't have the ability, desire or time to do it themselves. It's the same reason why I pay somebody to clean my house -- I could do it myself, but I don't want to do it.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mahkno
Intriguing idea.

This is the sort of thing I wish Costco's autobuying program was. Give them the specs... they locate the model through a national inventory database... get a GREAT deal, ... maybe help relocate it closer to you,

bing bang done...
I've tried Costco's car buying program. It's price is not good at all. All they do was set up an appointment with the dealership and asked me to walk in and show the Costco card. The price provided was nowhere competitive at all, which anyone can easily get at the first round of negotiation. I'll never use it again.