Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Current MMI Version?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current MMI Version?

Just got a 2017 Q7 Prestige Fully Loaded (every available upgrade except night vision).

Picking up Monday. When testing I looked through the settings and saw it's Software Version 0377 and Navigation Database version V03959801GH 0060 NAR 2017/2018.

Are both of those the latest (I assume there must be a 2018/2019 out) not sure if 0377 is latest software? Is there some sort of version/release history online I can see what the latest versions are and what have been fixed with each version as available with some other car makers?

I imagine when the car is in my possession I'll be able to do an update like I could with my XC90. It's still under warranty and the Prestige I believe includes the 4 years of the app plans and LTE etc. Any thoughts would be most appreciated, very excited for my first Audi after having Lincoln, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo and Range Rover in the past.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You may have better luck if you negotiate the MMI software being updated as part of the deal before you pay for/pick up the car. My guess is that an MMI version of 0377 was installed on cars with the production date of late 2015 or early 2016. The most recent MMI version that I have heard on a MKII Q7 is 13xx, but it is almost impossible to get Audi authorized for this service after you own the car.

Last edited by htd4555; 03-24-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by htd4555
You may have better luck if you negotiate the MMI software being updated as part of the deal before you pay for/pick up the car. My guess is that an MMI version of 0377 was installed on cars with the production date of late 2015 or early 2016. The most recent MMI version that I have heard on a MKII Q7 is 13xx, but it is almost impossible to get Audi authorized for this service after you own the car.
thank you. I’ve read the same all on the forums but when I emailed one of our several local Audi dealerships they emailed they can update to latest easily without a problem but a license and installation cost. So not cheap considering just a software update but still well worth it and was afraid they would say no. Perhaps I’m just lucky or maybe most mean they are upset it’s not free but that is available always for a cost?
Old 08-03-2019, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ChrisCraft did you manage to update your MMI? If yes, any obvious changes and do you mind sharing if/how much you paid? Thanks
Old 08-03-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audipeter
@ChrisCraft did you manage to update your MMI? If yes, any obvious changes and do you mind sharing if/how much you paid? Thanks
Alas I did not. All the dealers here were saying no problem, until I actually brought it in and the engineers looked over and said infant it can't be upgraded and simply repeated all the lines that I've read here. So sounds like everything everyone says about the upgrade issues is correct, though why the dealers would say it was possible and even the cost for it ahead of time is odd but who knows.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

How can audi charge you to update mmi? I can understand nav maps but not vehicle software. My dealer wouldnt even update mine even though I complained my iphone disconnects from carplay every day when the car is first started. I have to reset mmi.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by billm0066
How can audi charge you to update mmi? I can understand nav maps but not vehicle software. My dealer wouldnt even update mine even though I complained my iphone disconnects from carplay every day when the car is first started. I have to reset mmi.
With my Volvo there were no charges for updates with Audi apparently there is because unlike Volvo that allows anyone to update from any version Audi it sounds like uses and older less organized update process require a custom upgrade path for the countless variations so requires mire work and isn’t always possibke. BMW for instance charges for CarPlay where most all others do not. So some brands simple want to charge for as much as they can where some others are going more if the Apple route and not charging and making updates easy. I had no idea updates would be such an issue with Audi, but every brand it seems has their strengths and weaknesses and ultimately it’s a balance to find a car brand that matches your needs.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In few years, car manufacturers will learn a harsh lesson regarding these updates I think. They will either have to learn to be a software company or a software company will learn to be a good car manufacturer before them. I am sure people considering eTron are already asking themselves why they should get an eTron that won't ever be updated instead of a Tesla which is likely to get firmware updates that upgrades driving experience.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SarhoshAmiral
In few years, car manufacturers will learn a harsh lesson regarding these updates I think. They will either have to learn to be a software company or a software company will learn to be a good car manufacturer before them. I am sure people considering eTron are already asking themselves why they should get an eTron that won't ever be updated instead of a Tesla which is likely to get firmware updates that upgrades driving experience.
You mean the same Tesla that has had parts break and a few years later they are no longer available?

Or maybe the same Tesla that has trim defects, paint defects, battery fires, and generally crap QC?

I agree in principle but buying a Tesla is jumping from the frying pan into the fire, by all accounts.

A more advanced version of something like this may be the best solution:

Old 08-06-2019, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
You mean the same Tesla that has had parts break and a few years later they are no longer available?

Or maybe the same Tesla that has trim defects, paint defects, battery fires, and generally crap QC?

I agree in principle but buying a Tesla is jumping from the frying pan into the fire, by all accounts.

A more advanced version of something like this may be the best solution:

Volvo Built-in Android
He was referring to software which Tesla is leaps and bounds ahead of any other manufacturer. I would take a Tesla over an etron any day of the week.

Quick Reply: Current MMI Version?