Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Daytime Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytime Running Lights

Hello,

I just got my vehicle back from the dealer after 11 days post-service, which I thought was going to be just that... turns out my 2017 Q7 Prestige had a few underlying issues totaling over 5k in repairs

One thing that I did ask them to address are the DRL on one side of the vehicle... they are turning yellow and dimming significantly. I tried to take a decent photo to show, hoping you can see what I am talking about. Oddly, the dealership tells me that they do not need to be replaced, that they will change color over time but never fully go out. This does not sound right to me... has anyone else experienced such an issue? Aesthetically, I do not like the way it looks being yellow.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

No that is not normal and a sign of a failing light. And what caused such high repairs? Are you out of warranty?
Old 07-21-2020, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JessRega
Hello,

I just got my vehicle back from the dealer after 11 days post-service, which I thought was going to be just that... turns out my 2017 Q7 Prestige had a few underlying issues totaling over 5k in repairs

One thing that I did ask them to address are the DRL on one side of the vehicle... they are turning yellow and dimming significantly. I tried to take a decent photo to show, hoping you can see what I am talking about. Oddly, the dealership tells me that they do not need to be replaced, that they will change color over time but never fully go out. This does not sound right to me... has anyone else experienced such an issue? Aesthetically, I do not like the way it looks being yellow.

What are the issues that require you to spend $5k??
The following users liked this post:
kern.dass (04-21-2022)
Old 07-21-2020, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you. I will follow up again about the bulb.

Yes, I am out of factory warranty, but have Audi Pure extended coverage for another year. My vehicle has 80k miles -- purchased one of the first 2017's in May 2016. My warranty covered a portion of the repairs, thankfully! The total out the door before my coverage payment was $5018.27!

The issues were:

Engine mounts were leaking hydraulic fluid, all replaced.

Coolant leak from thermostat assembly -- replaced thermostat, front coolant pipe Orings.

Rear seat heater faulty, replaced heating element coil (second time this has gone bad).

Soft close doors not operating correctly. This was an adjustment and a software update, but I had to pay for it since I am out of factory warranty.

Part of the cost was also my regular 80k mile service which was over $1,200...

Also, when I picked the vehicle up and drove off my A/C was blowing hot air. Turned around and went right back, the tech forgot to reattach the compressor. Ugh. Thankfully that was an easy fix.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JessRega
Thank you. I will follow up again about the bulb.

Yes, I am out of factory warranty, but have Audi Pure extended coverage for another year. My vehicle has 80k miles -- purchased one of the first 2017's in May 2016. My warranty covered a portion of the repairs, thankfully! The total out the door before my coverage payment was $5018.27!

The issues were:

Engine mounts were leaking hydraulic fluid, all replaced.

Coolant leak from thermostat assembly -- replaced thermostat, front coolant pipe Orings.

Rear seat heater faulty, replaced heating element coil (second time this has gone bad).

Soft close doors not operating correctly. This was an adjustment and a software update, but I had to pay for it since I am out of factory warranty.

Part of the cost was also my regular 80k mile service which was over $1,200...

Also, when I picked the vehicle up and drove off my A/C was blowing hot air. Turned around and went right back, the tech forgot to reattach the compressor. Ugh. Thankfully that was an easy fix.
Unfortunately, it is expensive to maintain and repair German cars.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It absolutely is, but we sure do love them.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how you get soft door close on a 2017?
Old 07-21-2020, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It is part of the Luxury Package.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,190 Likes on 928 Posts

Nope, that is not normal for any headlight to act that way.
Give your dealer another chance, if they refuse, tell them your next call will be to Audi of America...
Old 07-21-2020, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you! Yes, that's the plan. The call to the dealer has been made.

Quick Reply: Daytime Running Lights