Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Decided to buy a Q7 - need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan01
1) PP vs Prestige - It's worth the upgrade - 3k over 60 months financing or 36 month lease isn't really much for what you're getting.
2) Wheels - Prestige has the nicest wheels of the lineup IMO and AS tires are available now from the factory.
3) Cold weather package- I actually held off on this. I was close to budget and this didn't make the cut. I don't normally have people in my backseat other than my kids in their car seats and I can live without the heated steering wheel. Heated seats come with Prestige.
4) Custom Ordering: Depending on when you order, people have been getting 6-8% off custom orders, but it will take 3-4 months to arrive.
5) Audi Owners Discount: 1K financed through AFS
6) Bay Area Dealers:
7) Other Packages: Adaptive Chassis has had a lot of great reviews so that's one to consider. I went without it due to budget and felt it was already a very good handling SUV without Adaptive Chassis.
8) Towing Package:
Same thing with cold weather package. I am curious about the programmable button non-heated steering wheels have. Only a small mention in the manual and not much other info on the googles.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan01
1) PP vs Prestige - It's worth the upgrade - 3k over 60 months financing or 36 month lease isn't really much for what you're getting.
Just remember you will be paying more for per month for Prestige on exact same MSRP compared to PP. It depends if it's really worth to you because most prestiges I see will also have additional options on it, which will bump the price difference $75/mo or more.
Audi leases are already expensive compared to similarly priced MB, Lexus, Volvo, Acura, etc, and due to worse residual on prestige, you end up paying more per month.

Tow package, I was complaining about that since I didn't want it, but after realizing bike rack will be great on it, I decided to go for that, we'll see what happens in the end, it's not a deal breaker but if I was building one, I'd probably add it.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Just remember you will be paying more for per month for Prestige on exact same MSRP compared to PP. It depends if it's really worth to you because most prestiges I see will also have additional options on it, which will bump the price difference $75/mo or more.
Audi leases are already expensive compared to similarly priced MB, Lexus, Volvo, Acura, etc, and due to worse residual on prestige, you end up paying more per month.

Tow package, I was complaining about that since I didn't want it, but after realizing bike rack will be great on it, I decided to go for that, we'll see what happens in the end, it's not a deal breaker but if I was building one, I'd probably add it.
Yes finding one I'd going to be difficult. I have it speced out at exactly 70k, but can't see one even closely similar.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok - thank you for all the advice. Based on this, and my budget I think I'm going to go:

Prestige (Ink Blue/Rock Grey)
DA Package
Warm Weather Package
Tow Package

Now the negotiation begins. Nothing in Bay Area meets that, so do I compromise to get it sooner, or bite the bullet and order and wait 3 months plus...
Old 10-22-2017, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hayde_bre

I'm not sure I understand why if I get a Prestige at 70K vs a PP at 70K I'll be paying more for the Prestige?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hitchens97
I'm not sure I understand why if I get a Prestige at 70K vs a PP at 70K I'll be paying more for the Prestige?
You won’t be. If you want a luxury sports sedan the buy the luxury sports sedan, it’s called a Prestige. If you don’t get the Prestige then you will end up with a car in three years that has all the features of a new Kia.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok - thank you for all the advice. Based on this, and my budget I think I'm going to go:

DA Package
Warm Weather Package
Tow Package

Now the negotiation begins. Nothing in Bay Area meets that, so do I compromise to get it sooner, or bite the bullet and order and wait 3 months plus...
FYI you can no longer order Ink Blue. Best bet is to find inventory if that’s what you really want.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

DA Package
Warm Weather Package
Tow Package

Also I believe the warm weather package is included in the Prestige.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lectoid
Also I believe the warm weather package is included in the Prestige.
Yes. Meant cold weather.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Because on a lease, Prestige has 1% less residual value.

Quick Reply: Decided to buy a Q7 - need some advice