Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Default screen for virtual cockpit

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Default screen for virtual cockpit

I have a 2017 Q7 2.0T with the MMI Navigation plus.

Although my entire cockpit is not all electronic, like in the premium plus and prestige models, the center portion of the cockpit is all electronic. I can view navigation, music, phone, vehicle information, etc. on it and control it using my steering wheel.

My question is, how do i select the default view. I would like the electronic cockpit to always show the map, for example. However, it currently always starts in the vehicle information tab.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I have the Vision pack screen, and even mine defaults to the vehicle info page. I haven't found a way to change that
Old 06-28-2017, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I have the Vision pack screen, and even mine defaults to the vehicle info page. I haven't found a way to change that
Thanks for letting me know. Seems very silly on Audi's part. I can configure my seats, my steering wheel, heck, even my steering and shifting modes... yet I can't configure the virtual cockpit settings? Lame.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree it'd be nice to set the default but it's only one arrow press to get it to the nav.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone ever find a way to set map or anything other than vehicle info for the default/startup screen? I thought I had it figured out with key programming, but not sure it lasts. If the 17 Q7 is left with the map screen then shut off then vehicle within a couple minutes, it remains on the map. However if it stays off for say an hour or more, it reverts back to the car info screen.

Has as anyone figured out a way to set default screen in virtual cockpit by either seat set or jet set or some combination?
Old 10-29-2018, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think every time the MMI boots it goes to its default displays. When the car is off for a short time, the MMI doesn't shut down, it just turns off the screens. That's why you don't see the "please wait while XXXX Initializes" on those occasions, and it picks up right where you left off.

Don't know how to achieve what you're looking for, but I think that's why it behaves the way it does.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't really paid attention but I just turned on the ignition, mine returned to navigation (last active display).. The car was unlocked in the garage... maybe locking it up changes something? 2018 Prestige...
Old 10-30-2018, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2018 prestige stays in the same screen where you left it off..
Old 10-30-2018, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like this behavior changed on 2018 models. I have a 2017 one which does not return to the previous selected screen, it always starts at the Vehicle Info tab.

I wish if someone could find the ODBEleven setting for this!
Old 11-01-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So I just tested this myself as I want the map to be a default as well. I was in an 18 loaner for 3 days and it defaulted to the last screen I left it at (map) every time, even over night. Got my 17 back today, changed to map and saved my seat setting, ignition off and on, the BAM! gauge cluster is back to the clock/mpg screen. I manually clicked over to the map. Must be part of a software upgrade between the year.

Quick Reply: Default screen for virtual cockpit