Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Displaying Speed limits

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Displaying Speed limits

I have a 22 Q7 and am wondering if there is a way to display the current road's speed limit on the cockpit display.
The following users liked this post:
LgW (03-17-2024)
Old 08-21-2022, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

My 2018 displays it lower right like below. 2022 does not?

Old 08-21-2022, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 176 Likes on 141 Posts

I think you have to go to the cockpit display and then click on the gear wheel in the upper right to select/deselect the speed limit display.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our 2022 shows it just like the pic that Force-1 has. Can't remember if or where we turned it on though....may have already been on when we took delivery of the Q7.
Old 08-23-2022, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kona1979
Our 2022 shows it just like the pic that Force-1 has. Can't remember if or where we turned it on though....may have already been on when we took delivery of the Q7.
My 2022 PP does not display it. I will contact the dealer to see what's up. I checked them manual and it only listed traffic light recognition, which also does not work.

Old 08-23-2022, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Panthervision
My 2022 PP does not display it. I will contact the dealer to see what's up. I checked them manual and it only listed traffic light recognition, which also does not work.
Only works in cities set up for it.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update,

It appears that the traffic sign recognition is only available on Prestige models, and without the traffic sign recognition, there will be no road speed limit display. I rented a Toyota camry last week with this feature, Audi can't match Toyota for feature? Crazy. My wife's new BMW has this feature. What is Audi doing?
LgW (03-17-2024)
Old 08-25-2022, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Update,

It appears that the traffic sign recognition is only available on Prestige models, and without the traffic sign recognition, there will be no road speed limit display. I rented a Toyota camry last week with this feature, Audi can't match Toyota for feature? Crazy. My wife's new BMW has this feature. What is Audi doing?
Audi is doing the same thing every brand is doing - packaging things the way that their client feedback, and component availability, dictates. It's always been part of a Prestige package. Some things (which I'd argue are far more important in present day), have trickled from Prestige only, to Premium Plus, and even down to the Premium since it launched in '17. This just isn't one

The Toyota isn't a 7 seater? Doesn't have AWD standard? Doesn't have leather standard? What's Toyota doing?

The BMW comes with RWD standard (many)?, Many this year had a big screen with zero touch screen functionality? What's BMW doing?

And on, and on, and on.

The price of the car and the gizmos of the car are not a direct correlation.
LgW (03-17-2024)
Old 08-25-2022, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 792 Likes on 606 Posts

Update,

In models up to 2020 with assistance systems camera, the TSR function could be activated by coding.
From 2020 you had to buy the activation document 8W0054800B https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zub...-8w0054800b-10
I don't know if it works in 2022 Q7.
However on many markets some additional functions are available for purchase via myAudi as Functions on Demand (OTA). Ask your dealer because if you have the right hardware, I think the TSR activation should be possible also in your car.
Old 08-25-2022, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Audi is doing the same thing every brand is doing - packaging things the way that their client feedback, and component availability, dictates. It's always been part of a Prestige package. Some things (which I'd argue are far more important in present day), have trickled from Prestige only, to Premium Plus, and even down to the Premium since it launched in '17. This just isn't one

The Toyota isn't a 7 seater? Doesn't have AWD standard? Doesn't have leather standard? What's Toyota doing?

The BMW comes with RWD standard (many)?, Many this year had a big screen with zero touch screen functionality? What's BMW doing?

And on, and on, and on.

The price of the car and the gizmos of the car are not a direct correlation.
Yup, it’s packaged in the Prestige package because that trim includes HUD which makes this feature especially useful. My 3 year older Lexus has it, but my Lexus doesn’t have an air suspension or 4 wheel steering. Cars have different features at different price points, who knew.

FWIW, if you use Apple Maps or Google maps it will display the speed limit of the road.
SCarGuy (08-26-2022)

Quick Reply: Displaying Speed limits