Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Drive System Malfunction?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 05:01 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Drive System Malfunction?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..

Within 5 mins of driving the Q7 Monday night I received this notification... I pulled over shut it off and waited approx 2 mins.. Restarted it and the light didn't reappear, I continued driving another 20 mins and the light never came back on and the Q7 drove fine.. Been driving it since Monday and so far so good, all has been fine.

I called service yesterday and emailed them the pic and they didn't seem concerned at all.. They told me this could happen from time to time and as long as the light stays off all should be fine..

Doesn't really sit with me well since we are approaching a long holiday weekend which usually puts "murphy's law" into effect..

So again, has anyone had this happen to them??

Last edited by JT4; 08-29-2018 at 05:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
May_day (06-22-2022)
Old 08-29-2018, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm not sure if that particular one has popped up for me, but once or twice I've had some random system failure notifications as I'm driving off which seem to correct themselves in a few seconds. They dont come back so I chalk them up to minor system quirks
Old 08-29-2018, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi , i had the same two days ago also the drive select menu was dimmed and couldn't chose any of them.

i did exactly what you did and till now never showed up again.

cheers
Old 08-29-2018, 05:48 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the responses, hoping it corrected itself.. I guess time will tell....
Old 08-29-2018, 07:33 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had this issue. They replaced the valve cover gaskets due to a leakage/misfire. It was intermittent and only under heavy throttle after sitting with auto start stop.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:41 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

^ In my situation I drove 5 mins under normal acceleration and I always turn off the Start / Stop when I get in the Q7 before I even put on my seatbelt. But thanks for the info it's good to know...
Old 08-30-2018, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a number of system issues with errors. When I visited the dealer they had a software update for the system to correct a systems communications bus that was creating false errors. They did that a month ago, and no issues. I didn't specifically this same error, but audi presense, and a bunch of others came on and went away on power cycles like you described. The software update resolved them all.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:21 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiTK
I had a number of system issues with errors. When I visited the dealer they had a software update for the system to correct a systems communications bus that was creating false errors. They did that a month ago, and no issues. I didn't specifically this same error, but audi presense, and a bunch of others came on and went away on power cycles like you described. The software update resolved them all.
Thank you very much for the info, good to know..
Old 10-30-2018, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue here

Originally Posted by JT4
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this..

Within 5 mins of driving the Q7 Monday night I received this notification... I pulled over shut it off and waited approx 2 mins.. Restarted it and the light didn't reappear, I continued driving another 20 mins and the light never came back on and the Q7 drove fine.. Been driving it since Monday and so far so good, all has been fine.

I called service yesterday and emailed them the pic and they didn't seem concerned at all.. They told me this could happen from time to time and as long as the light stays off all should be fine..

Doesn't really sit with me well since we are approaching a long holiday weekend which usually puts "murphy's law" into effect..

So again, has anyone had this happen to them??

I have the same problem. From time to time my 2018 Q5 throws this at me, but my car runs fine it does not
rev high, does not go into limp mode, but the start stop also stop working when this comes on. I turn the car on and off and it goes away. Can anyone give me some insight on this issue? Thank you
Old 10-31-2018, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the same issue with my 2017 Q7. Has happened 2 or 3 times over the last 2.5 years. Seems to happen when I really hit the accelerator hard when the car is stopped. I always turn off the auto start/stop and the car is in Sport mode at the time. Like the OP, so far it goes away and does not return when I turn the car off and wait a few minutes.

Paul

Quick Reply: Drive System Malfunction?