Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

easy exit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default easy exit?

I have a 2017 Audi Q7 Prestige I am having a little trouble with the easy exit and seat memory. what i woulk like to do is when i turn off the car to exit to have the seat slide back and down. and when i get in the vehicle and start it up to have the seat return to the driving position. But for some reason i cant seem to get it right its suppose to save the exit feature on the key fob but i dont think it is. the manual is kinda useless . Does anyone have great step by steb instructions on how to get this to work correctly. I already have the check of boxes checked for easy exit and store on key fob selected. and my Q7 has electric tilt wheel. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
The following users liked this post:
Proxs (02-24-2023)
Old 03-30-2022, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobbyds1
I have a 2017 Audi Q7 Prestige I am having a little trouble with the easy exit and seat memory. what i woulk like to do is when i turn off the car to exit to have the seat slide back and down. and when i get in the vehicle and start it up to have the seat return to the driving position. But for some reason i cant seem to get it right its suppose to save the exit feature on the key fob but i dont think it is. the manual is kinda useless . Does anyone have great step by steb instructions on how to get this to work correctly. I already have the check of boxes checked for easy exit and store on key fob selected. and my Q7 has electric tilt wheel. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
The only thing the easy exit does is move the steering wheel up - the seat does not move, nor can you make it move.

In my wife's 2019 Kia Sorento SXL the seat moves back.
Old 03-30-2022, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 792 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
The only thing the easy exit does is move the steering wheel up - the seat does not move, nor can you make it move.

In my wife's 2019 Kia Sorento SXL the seat moves back.
No, both steering wheel and seat move with easy entry option. In some cars there was a problem with moving seat and as I remember there was even a TSB on it. But the seats have to be equipped with the memory option.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by retom
No, both steering wheel and seat move with easy entry option. In some cars there was a problem with moving seat and as I remember there was even a TSB on it. But the seats have to be equipped with the memory option.
Maybe in Poland, but not in the US.
Old 03-30-2022, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 792 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
Maybe in Poland, but not in the US.
Maybe in Europe
But check your Owners Manual. Just in case.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by retom
Maybe in Europe
But check your Owners Manual. Just in case.
There have been 132 views of this thread when I typed this. Do you really think if I was wrong someone wouldn't have chimed in by now?
Old 03-31-2022, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do have the memory seats and what was the tsb number anyone know. anyone have detailed instructions on this. as this is driving me nuts.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Here's why I think there's confusion and disagreement. The US 2017 Q7 as delivered only moves the steering wheel. Per the manual:

However, you can do some coding to get the seat to move also. The coding using OBD11 is as follows:

Module: 36/Seat Adj Driver Side
Feature: Easy_Entry_fond
Old Setting: Not active
New Setting: Active

Module: 36/Seat Adj Driver Side
Feature: Easy_Entry_front
Old Setting: Not active
New Setting: Active
The following 3 users liked this post by RickObe:
Proxs (02-24-2023), SVJ (03-31-2022), xuweineo (04-03-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,178 Likes on 920 Posts

what is crazy is I have the luxury package seats with extra side support and the seats "hug" you when you shut the door and "release" you when you pull on the driver's/passenger's door handle but they do not physically move. I would think if these seats don't move that no seats move in the US for easy entry/exit... because I know my prior car without these fancy seats didn't move at all (other than the steering wheel tilting up/down)...
Old 03-31-2022, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do have the easy seat entry set as above. My problem is what is the step by step instructions to set the seats to do it what is the programing of the seats example: do i set the seat all the way back hit a button on remote to save when i want to exit or enter. then move the seat into driving position then where do i save that in memory key fob what. the manual is very vague in what the steps ar is door open or closed while doing this. I hope this clears up what i mean.

Quick Reply: easy exit?